PDA

View Full Version : Donald Cerrone Looking To Prove He Belongs In UFC

Travicity
12-16-2010, 05:16 AM
WEC lightweight scrapper Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone will be looking to make it two in a row tomorrow night when he takes on Chris Horodecki on the last fight card under the World Extreme Cagefighting brand.

Cerrone has cultivated one of the sport's most heated rivalries, with Jamie Varner, but told MMAFighting.com in a recent interview that his mind will not be on a rubber match with "The Worm," but on proving that he belongs in the UFC--even though his feelings toward Varner haven't changed.

"I would love that fight again, and again, and in the parking lot, and wherever I can get it," Cerrone told MMAFighting. "But it'll come in due time. Hopefully he wins his next fight and I can see him in the UFC. I plan on whipping his a-- every chance I get, so I don't ever plan on letting him dictate one round or one second of any fight ever again."

Though the UFC recently announced that they would be absorbing the WEC and its fighters, Cerrone feels as though he isn't yet a UFC fighter and that he will be fighting for that position tomorrow night.

"I feel like I'm on the chopping block," said Cerrone. "I'm not a guaranteed UFC fighter yet. I'm a WEC fighter and this is my last payday. So I think I need to go out there and let Dana White know, this is where I want to be, this is what I plan on doing."

In regards to tomorrow night's bout, Cerrone cited his desire to earn a spot on the UFC's roster as a motivating factor to defeat Horodecki--which he believes he can do in any area of MMA.

"I think I'm a better wrestler, better on the ground than him," Cerrone said. "I think he better just close his eyes and swing for the fences, man. I'm bringing it. I'm in shape and I come to win. I plan to make waves in the UFC."

WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis goes down tomorrow night at the Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, Arizona.

WI