PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Paramore Members Speak Out

Swinny
12-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Ex-Paramore members speak out

added: 23 Dec 2010 // by: undercover.com.au

Josh and Zac Farro, who recently left Paramore, have blogged about the power struggles within the band.

A few days ago Paramore announced on their site that the guitarist and drummer brothers had left the band.

It wasn't a bitter statement, but now the Farro brothers have revealed the machinations behind the band they thought was theirs.

In a long, involved 'Exit statement' on Josh's blog, they claim that singer Hayley Williams and her manager took over the band and manipulated their business dealings.

It's amounts to an insider history of the band, beginning when the brothers started to play music together to the fateful day that Hayley joined and beyond.

They claim that the band quickly, 'became all about Hayley. She had a manager at the time that controlled her every move along with her parents. They didn't like the idea of Hayley being in a rock band so they forced her to leave wanting her to pursue a solo career.'

They claim Hayley did solo demos, then returned to ask for the song 'Conspiracy', and finally her manager started manipulating the band.

' got a call a while after that from Hayley telling me that her manager said that Zac and I were invited to be back in the band (the band we started),' the statement reads, 'but not Taylor and Jason because they weren't good enough in his eyes. Hayley brought in Jeremy and our first rhythm guitarist Jason Bynum as the other two members.'

They go on to claim Hayley and her manager went to business meetings without the rest of the band, signed to indie Fueled By Ramen but kept it secret that they'd also signed with Atlantic, and repeatedly tried to fire the 'rest' of the band.

If you can disregard the alarming amount of Bible quotes in the statement, it makes for interesting reading.

Of course, we'll never know what the complete truth is.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Really doesn't surprise me, she's definitely at the forefront of the band and most people don't even know about the other guys. However... Hayley's really the only reason I listen to them anyone, so maybe they should be thankful for her because I don't know how well they'd do on their own, with someone else fronting the band, but perhaps we'll find out.

Metalitia
01-19-2011, 05:40 AM
Double edged sword really.

Not surprising as it's always come across as her band but as you said, they wouldn't be anywhere had she not joined.

I don't rate her as much of a singer personally but lots of others seem to do a lot.

Musically they're very bland also so they could have easily got lost in the mire.