PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz and Josh Koscheck trade insults

Travicity
12-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Credit: MMAConnected

MMA is a sport rife with rivalries and there are certain fighters whose personalities draw them into these sort of feuds. Two such men are Josh Koscheck and Tito Ortiz, who have now taken aim at one another, despite the fact that they compete two weight classes apart.

Prior to his UFC 124 title fight loss to Georges St. Pierre, Koscheck called Ortiz out in an interview with MMAConnected over comments the two had previously exchanged.

"Don't even use my name and Tito Ortiz's in the same sentence please. I definitely want to beat his ass," Koscheck said. "I was watching you guys' show the other day and he said something about how he thought Georges St. Pierre is gonna kick my ass, he wants Georges St. Pierre to beat me down. You know what Tito, guess what? I wanna fight you next."

"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" responded to Koscheck following his loss to St. Pierre, telling the American Kickboxing Academy product to accomplish more in the sport before talking trash.

"Let's clear this up, before there was any trash talk, he was the first person to talk trash about me. I gave a response, why would I want to give this guy any attention? I could care less about Sideshow Bob," Ortiz stated. "I gave him a little attention on your guys' show because I got sick of hearing him talking smack on TMZ and this and that because he's looking for attention. Guy, go win a world title and then you can talk smack. And he can't even do that, he can't even win a round, let alone a world title. I mean, c'mon."

Two of the sport's most brash and controversial figures now seem locked in a feud that is destined to turn out as no more than a verbal back-and-forth, as Ortiz competes at light heavyweight and Koscheck at welterweight. Also standing in the way of an Ortiz-Koshceck grudge match is Ortiz's next bout, which will likely be for his job and will come against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira this March at UFC Fight Night 24.

Swinny
12-23-2010, 11:49 PM
That would definitely be an interesting fight, but Tito's a big Light Heavyweight and I don't see him being able to cut to 185. Koscheck might be able to, since he did fight at 185 on the Ultimate Fighter, but not Tito.

The Mac
12-23-2010, 11:51 PM
he was a sluggish 185 i dont think he will, plus this fight would need to be at 195 more then likely