PDA

View Full Version : News On Ziggler - Tryout?

John
01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
According to Dave Meltzer, the matches on Raw and Smackdown a few weeks ago, featuring Cena and Ziggler, were tryouts for Dolph Ziggler to possibly be moved up to the main events. Evidently, Ziggler passed the test and shall now face Edge at the Royal Rumble.

Source - EWN.

I'm so glad that WWE are trusting Ziggler, by moving him to the main event.. I'm shamed that Orton has been picked over Morrison, as I really feel that Morrison should have been on the card - He could have proved that he deserves to be there.

Metalitia
01-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Spoiler in the title would have been good mate : /

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-06-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm so glad that WWE are trusting Ziggler, by moving him to the main event.. I'm shamed that Orton has been picked over Morrison, as I really feel that Morrison should have been on the card - He could have proved that he deserves to be there.

Can't afford to have 2 weak title matches on a show like RR, one works though cause its the Rumble match that draws

Darth Fozzy
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
2007 Royal Rumble was full of weak title matches leading upto the Rumble

Metalitia
01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
2007 Royal Rumble was full of weak title matches leading upto the Rumble

I picked that up recently and have got to agree there. The tag match at the start was much more entertaining than the other 3.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
yeah but like I said the people buy it for the Rumble match. 2 weak World Title matches wouldn't be right

Konan
01-07-2011, 08:52 AM
lucky ziggler to got title shot ..

mikedudelang
01-07-2011, 04:40 PM
yeah but like I said the people buy it for the Rumble match. 2 weak World Title matches wouldn't be right

You're saying two different things here. If the Royal Rumble is what sells the PPV, then having 2 weak title matches doesn't matter, right? However, if two weak title matches "wouldn't be right", then the Rumble isn't what sells the PPV. Make up your mind.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
You're saying two different things here. If the Royal Rumble is what sells the PPV, then having 2 weak title matches doesn't matter, right? However, if two weak title matches "wouldn't be right", then the Rumble isn't what sells the PPV. Make up your mind.

I said that the Rumble can compensate for 1 weak title match. Most people buy it for the Rumble no doubt but Title matches ought to be important especially since its the first stop on the road to WrestleMania

Metalitia
01-08-2011, 03:50 AM
The Rumble is one of WWEs "big four" PPVs. Arguably they should therefore make the card as strong as possible.

However unlike the other 3, RR gets a bit of leniency because there needs to be 30 guys ready to go in the Rumble match and at least 20 of them should have at least a slim outside chance to a casual fan anyway.

Meaning of course that the possibility for a potentially weak title match is always there with this PPV. Usually 3 matches then the Tumble. 2 of the 3 should be decent at least and then have an exciting rumble.

Swinny
01-08-2011, 10:12 AM
For the record, I don't see how Ziggler vs. Edge will really be a "weak" title match anyway. Sure, there's no chance Ziggler will win, but I expect that match to be a better one overall than the Miz/Orton match.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
For the record, I don't see how Ziggler vs. Edge will really be a "weak" title match anyway. Sure, there's no chance Ziggler will win, but I expect that match to be a better one overall than the Miz/Orton match.

in terms of a draw