PDA

View Full Version : Possible *SPOILERS* Reported Main Event Plans for Wrestlemania

Travicity
01-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Dave Meltzer reports that WWE has decided on the top six matches for Wrestlemania 27. It's believed that the two main event matches will be John Cena vs. The Miz and The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett. The Undertaker/Barrett match would play off the ending of the Buried Alive match at Bragging Rights.

Undertaker being able to make the PPV is still not a sure thing and WWE can't make any plans with Brock Lesnar when UFC officials won't allow him to make an appearance.

Dave 'He'll probably get 1 right' Meltzer

The Mac
01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
ok so if thats what dave says then its prob miz vs taker and barret vs cena because dave never gets anything right lol

Travicity
01-06-2011, 12:27 AM
:P Probably Mac

Smartmark
01-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Sounds like Wrestlemania 27 will be even worse than WM 26

Metalitia
01-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Barrett vs Taker is a fairly obvious potential match.

I don't see them going with Cena vs Miz at this Wrestlemania. Not when there's the potential for Cena to go against Punk or Orton.

Cena vs Punk vs Orton in a triple threat,
Christian vs Edge,
Barrett vs Taker

There you go 3 possible 'Mania main events.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-06-2011, 05:31 AM
Sounds like Wrestlemania 27 will be even worse than WM 26

26 was pretty good actually had a very good card

Smartmark
01-06-2011, 03:22 PM
^^ Quote of the year :lmao:

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM

oh of course for you WrestleMania 26 died the moment there was no Indy jobbers on the show

Metalitia
01-06-2011, 06:00 PM
oh of course for you WrestleMania 26 died the moment there was no Indy jobbers on the show

Nah in fairness the card did look good but the show didn't live up to it. Decent enough PPV but disappointing for a Wrestlemania.

The ShowOff
01-06-2011, 08:37 PM
No 26 was pretty good not gonna lie and since Miz could be main eventing he thinks that 27 is gonna be bad. Smartmark you know man that match with Morrison was good and don't say its cause of Morrison cause it takes more then one person to make a match good.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-06-2011, 09:48 PM
the 26 card had a lot of promise and some of it delivered some of it didn't which happens in all wrestling PPVs. 27 they're lacking some major star power nowhere near the level of 26

Smartmark
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
26 Had a couple of good matches on the card, but they both disappointed. I have the DVD, and have watched it a couple of times, and I can't say I was impressed at all, not even by Taker/HBK.

Mania 27 could be good, but when you take the matches who might be main events into concideration, It's looking bad.

I would have watched Miz Vs Morrison. Miz Vs Cena? Nope!

The ShowOff
01-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Well that's you and you usely don't tend to like anything good anyway so yeah. But Miz and Cena's matches before were good so I have no doubt they could have a good match at Mania as Cena usely does good at Mania if you recall but you won't think that as your opinion oddly different from others but to each there own. I wouldn't mind this as the main event.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-06-2011, 10:14 PM
26 Had a couple of good matches on the card, but they both disappointed. I have the DVD, and have watched it a couple of times, and I can't say I was impressed at all, not even by Taker/HBK.

Mania 27 could be good, but when you take the matches who might be main events into concideration, It's looking bad.

I would have watched Miz Vs Morrison. Miz Vs Cena? Nope!

WrestleMania is not a pro-rasslin' event it transcends that just like WWE is not wrestling alone anymore. The day you realise that you'll enjoy it much more

Smartmark
01-06-2011, 10:17 PM
^^ I expect more wrestling at Wrestlemania. Most of the matches where boring and way too short.

Travicity
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I do wish there were better matches tbh.

Smartmark
01-07-2011, 12:01 AM
No 26 was pretty good not gonna lie and since Miz could be main eventing he thinks that 27 is gonna be bad. Smartmark you know man that match with Morrison was good and don't say its cause of Morrison cause it takes more then one person to make a match good.

Have you even seen WM 26? :P

Tag Team Match for the Tag Titles was boring and way too short. And R-Truth should never be in a title match at WM :P

Money In The Bank match was ok, until Swagger won it

Mysterio Vs Punk had potential, but was also way too short.

The Triple Threat Match with legacy was not as good as it could have been

Triple H Vs Sheamus was an ok match, but Trips fucked up a couple of moves, and it would have been better with Sheamus winning it tbh.

No Holds Barred Match with Vince and Bret was just ridicilous.

Same with the Diva match. Gawd! Vickie Guerrero in a WM match?! And had Eddie seen that frog splash he would be ashamed!

Taker Vs Michaels was good, but did not top their match at WM 25

Jericho Vs Edge was ok, some good wrestling.

Batista Vs Cena. Well for a main event at Mania? Really?! Really?!?

The Mac
01-07-2011, 12:06 AM
how can u hate on bret coming back... his first match in wwe since 97... that statement alone pissed me off seeing him wrestle again was epic

whats wrong with R truth?

and shemaus didnt deserve to win at WM

Smartmark
01-07-2011, 12:12 AM
^^ First off, what Bret did at Wm 26 was not wrestling :P

It was a boring beatdown. And you can call me a shithead, but Bret deserved that screwjob, cause he got screwed by the best in the world, Shawn Michaels!!

R-Truth is a ok wrestler, but his gimmick is silly, and I'm embarresed by him trying to rap :P

Sheamus did deserve to win. Why did Trips deserve to win? Sheamus could have been majorly put over if he won, but again, WWE would never do that to one of their alltime posterboys, and the future Chairman of WWE. Misunderstand me right, I am a big Triple H fan, but I think Sheamus should have won that match.

The ShowOff
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Have you even seen WM 26? :P

Tag Team Match for the Tag Titles was boring and way too short. And R-Truth should never be in a title match at WM :P

Money In The Bank match was ok, until Swagger won it

Mysterio Vs Punk had potential, but was also way too short.

The Triple Threat Match with legacy was not as good as it could have been

Triple H Vs Sheamus was an ok match, but Trips fucked up a couple of moves, and it would have been better with Sheamus winning it tbh.

No Holds Barred Match with Vince and Bret was just ridicilous.

Same with the Diva match. Gawd! Vickie Guerrero in a WM match?! And had Eddie seen that frog splash he would be ashamed!

Taker Vs Michaels was good, but did not top their match at WM 25

Jericho Vs Edge was ok, some good wrestling.

Batista Vs Cena. Well for a main event at Mania? Really?! Really?!?

Oh yes my opinion is different so I must not have seen I am sooooooooooooo sorry I disagree with you I'll never ever do it again

Smartmark
01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
^^ I never said you where stupid or anything for liking the event. But no one can seriously call that a great wrestling show. And for a WM, it was really weak

ArJay
01-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Proof SM's point is garbage: He actually lets the outcome of the match play a part in judging the overall quality of the match.

Smartmark
01-07-2011, 01:02 AM
^^ Ehh.... How come? :eek:

The ShowOff
01-07-2011, 01:06 AM
I didn't say you called me stupid I just say I won't disagree cause anytime I do you gotta question and be like oh you dont know what your talking about oh have you seen it oh yada yada yada and when someone dont like a wrestler you like or think is good your a hater or dumb or don't know good wrestlers/wrestling

ArJay
01-07-2011, 01:07 AM
^^ Ehh.... How come? :eek:

Because we're talking about the overall quality of the match. The winner is predetermined and should -not- factor in to whether or not a match was of good quality or not. Case in point, you said you liked the MitB match until Swagger won. That's just stupid. The match was great, just because somebody you don't like wins doesn't mean now all of a sudden the match was crap. Just like your logic about this year's WM. You say Miz being in the main event instantly means his match will be crap. Really? Have you even watched any of his matches? Or are you just another one of his haters that (much like with Cena) continue to use the same bullshit excuses for why they don't like him. Look, I'm not saying he's the greatest wrestler out there, but he has come MILES in improving his in-ring ability since his tag days with JoMo. That match he had on Raw with JoMo was fantastic, and if you can honestly sit here after watching that match and tell me you don't think Miz can have a great match at WM then you sir, really just don't know what you're talking about.

danniboi
01-07-2011, 01:12 AM

lol why do you even buy the PPV when you know your gunna be dissapointed may aswell just watch some old ROH tapes lol. I suppose im the same I dont like ROH cause its amaturish and kinda boring and its not on TV I cant be bothered buying video tapes of something thats not that exciting. WWE/TNA > ever indie promotion that has ever existed

Travicity
01-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Except TNA was once an Indy.

Smartmark
01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
^^ To be honest. All the major shows of WWE, TNA and ROH sucked in 2010. Wrestlemania 26, Bound For Glory and Death Before Dishonor was all disappointing shows. And I never bought WM 26. I got it as a present.

Because we're talking about the overall quality of the match. The winner is predetermined and should -not- factor in to whether or not a match was of good quality or not. Case in point, you said you liked the MitB match until Swagger won. That's just stupid. The match was great, just because somebody you don't like wins doesn't mean now all of a sudden the match was crap. Just like your logic about this year's WM. You say Miz being in the main event instantly means his match will be crap. Really? Have you even watched any of his matches? Or are you just another one of his haters that (much like with Cena) continue to use the same bullshit excuses for why they don't like him. Look, I'm not saying he's the greatest wrestler out there, but he has come MILES in improving his in-ring ability since his tag days with JoMo. That match he had on Raw with JoMo was fantastic, and if you can honestly sit here after watching that match and tell me you don't think Miz can have a great match at WM then you sir, really just don't know what you're talking about.

I never said Miz was a bad wrestler. I've enjoyed many of his matches. I just don't feel Miz/Cena is a worthy Main Event for Wrestlemania.

ArJay
01-07-2011, 01:44 AM
I must have read that wrong then. My apologies.

thewrestlinglounge
01-07-2011, 04:58 AM
With only two PPVS before WrestleMania, I would imagine that Cena vs Punk at WrestleMania is a given.I also see Christian returning and facing Edge for the Smackdown title.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-07-2011, 07:39 AM
^^ I expect more wrestling at Wrestlemania. Most of the matches where boring and way too short.

again, WM 26 is not just a wrestling PP. There's 13 other shows for that. It's more of a pop culture thing now with celebs etc and I really don't buy your point about Batista and Cena because that was some of the best work Batista ever did and both the guys are mega over so it made perfect sense.

And danniboi FTW :shifty:

Konan
01-07-2011, 08:47 AM
if they do this then it would be more than clear that WWE officials care about 70% about Cena and 30% about the rest...

Metalitia
01-08-2011, 04:06 AM
again, WM 26 is not just a wrestling PP. There's 13 other shows for that. It's more of a pop culture thing now with celebs etc and I really don't buy your point about Batista and Cena because that was some of the best work Batista ever did and both the guys are mega over so it made perfect sense.

Sorry I gotta disagree on that. Wrestlemania is supposed to be the WWEs biggest and in theory therefore best PPV event of the year. That should mean that they book the best and most evenly shaped up matches that they possibly can do at this event.

Sure they like their celebrity guests etc but it's got nothing to do with it having become a pop culture thing. It's always been that way, seemingly to try and grab the attention of potential new fans.

The very first Wrestlemania featured Cyndi Lauper, Liberachi and Mohammed Ali.

Konan
01-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Will there be a Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania?

Travicity
01-08-2011, 06:59 AM
GOLDBERG! Nice set up there Konan :P.