PDA

View Full Version : Paul Orndorff Interview: Cancer Update, Why He Was Never WWE Champion

John
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Here are some highlights of what Paul Orndorff said about:

Never having held the WWF Championship:

"I was a rebel. I'm proud and I'm not proud of that. I let my work do my talking. I wasn't a very good politician. I said what I thought. I did what I thought was right for me and my family. Were they the right thing? I don't know. Were they the wrong thing? I don't know. Am I rich? Hell no. I have cancer right now. I wished I had saved some of my money…but that's just the way it is."

Where he is with his Cancer:

"I don't know, I'm going to the doctors and they're doing things and I brought that up not for sympathy but because I don't want it. I just found out. And I'm sitting here telling you all this stuff because I wonder if maybe I should have just played the game."

The difference between the WWE and Professional Wrestling Halls of Fame (he is in both):

"Well one is chosen by your peers, and one is chosen by Vince McMahon. I would pick the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame (as the most prestigious) because it's chosen by the people you worked with. I think it holds more ground. Why would the NFL or baseball do it (that way) if it wasn't the way to go?"

Randy Savage and Bruno Sammartino not being in the WWE Hall of Fame:

"Well they didn't kiss (McMahon's) ass. Of course a lot of guys didn't kiss his ass believe it or not. I damn sure didn't…That's just life. It's nice that I'm in (the WWE Hall of Fame), but if I had to choose between the two, (I would choose) the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame."

Source - EWN.

mikedudelang
01-06-2011, 11:39 PM
It's criminal Orndorff was never WWF Champion. When he had Bobby Heenan as his mouthpiece that dude was white hot and easily could have had a good run with the belt.