PDA

View Full Version : Teenager comments on WWE Lawsuit

John
01-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Ronnie Basham, the Kentucky teenager who filed a lawsuit Thursday against World Wrestling Entertainment, Paul Levesque (a/k/a Triple H) and Dwayne Johnson (a/k/a The Rock) over an incident at WWE's 2000 Judgment Day pay-per-view event, talked to NBC's Louisville, Kentucky affiliate WAVE 3 to discuss the matter.

Basham, now 18 years and a senior at Clarksville High School, claims he was injured when Levesque and Johnson took their match over the crowd barrier on May 21, 2000 at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center in Louisville.

"After The Rock got into it with one of the spectators, bodies were just coming towards me," Basham told WAVE.

Ronnie's mother, Lisa Lanham, says someone shoved a woman on top of her son, who was standing on a chair.

Basham's attorney Harris Berman continued with what the family says happened next.

"He (Basham) fell down and his legs were caught between the two chairs and the lady then fell on him and crushed his right knee," the attorney said. "It really resulted as an assault on a 7-year-old kid."

Mother and son claim the injury got worse as he underwent multiple surgeries over the years, racking up $37,000 in medical bills. His attorney said they no had plans to sue until WWE refused to pay for anything, including the boy's ride in the ambulance to the hospital.

When asked if suing WWE was the right thing to do, Berman replied, "Yeah for the pain and taking away a kid's childhood, because that's the best part of anyone's life is their childhood."

While the alleged injury occurred over a decade ago, the Statute of Limitations in Kentucky extends for minors to age 18. The suit seeks compensation and a jury trial.

Source - EWN.

Metalitia
01-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Ha ha this gets better and better in terms of being ridiculous and laughable.

So not only did his alleged injury occur courtesy of a surging crowd and a woman falling on hi but it's a result of him standing on a chair when it occured too?

Surely, if he is to sue anyone then the woman who fell on him, his mother for being irresponsible enough to let a 7 year old stand on a chair during a crowd surge or at a stretch the arena for letting him and allowing the crowd to surge.

He's moved in my my viewpoint now. He's gone from knob to fucking idiot :D

Vick Diesel
01-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Seriously, when someone goes to a wrestling event, they already know full well just by watching wrestling on TV that the wrestlers always end up wrestling in the seating section, but especially at a PPV...some ppl need to use common sense while at a live wrestling event! WWE has no responsibility/liability in what happened, it's like when you go to a baseball game or any sporting event, bats, balls, pucks, sticks, and in this case wrestlers can go flying into the stands, and no-one should be held liable for what happened, and that inlcudes paying for the boys ambulance ride to the hospital. Like what Metalitia said above if they want to sue someone they should sue the woman who fell on his legs and injured his knee in the process, however, if he hadn't been standing on a chair which was idiotic in the first place, he would never have gotten hurt! Just saying

Swinny
01-09-2011, 04:59 AM
You guys have to take into account that the kid was only 7 years old at the time, thus the standing on a chair thing was probably the only way he could see anything, it's not an uncommon thing for kids to stand on the chairs at events like this in order to actually see something, so I wouldn't exactly call it idiotic, it just happened to be unlucky. Do I agree with the lawsuit? No. I think it's just the family's way of trying to milk money out of the WWE, it sure wouldn't be the first time. But if it was genuinely an injury that has plagued him since then, which I'm not sure if it actually is based on some of the other things that have been posted here, but if it was, I can surely see where he and his family are coming from.

Metalitia
01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
You guys have to take into account that the kid was only 7 years old at the time, thus the standing on a chair thing was probably the only way he could see anything, it's not an uncommon thing for kids to stand on the chairs at events like this in order to actually see something, so I wouldn't exactly call it idiotic, it just happened to be unlucky.

That's as maybe but it's the responsibility of his parents for letting him do it and any injuries that occured from him falling off a chair is down to them.

Y0UR Messiah
01-10-2011, 02:26 AM
You guys are failing to realize the biggest question here...why the fuck would you wait almost 11 years to sue someone? If they wanted to do it they should have done it within the 1st year.

All this is, is the kid has grown up, wants money to go to college or some bullshit, and said "Hey, I'm going to sue and get lots of money". People like this are pathetic. If I was at a event, got hurt to the point I had a shit load of medical bills and it was because a wrestler fell on me or hit me by mistake. Fuck ya I'd sue. But I'd do it right then and there.

And that wasn't even the point, just because point A did something to point B which caused C doesn't mean shit. The only people really they can sue is the owners of the Arena and the woman that actually caused the injury.

Just my take on it.

Vick Diesel
01-11-2011, 05:25 AM
It wasn't a wrestler who fell on him, but another female fan...that's why this entire thing is so messed up! The family should sue the woman that fell on him instead of the WWE, they had nothing to do with him getting hurt, sure the wrestlers were in the stands, but how many matches have we seen or witnessed in person where the wrestlers wrestled in the stands? Far to many for me to count, and whenever that occurs, Security is there to back ppl away from the wrestlers so they don't get hurt...which is what I feel happened here, one of the security guards pushed the fans back a fan more than likely bumped into the female fan who then fell over the kid who was standing on the chair, and that's how he got hurt.

I agree though he should've sued along time ago, esp to pay for all his medical bills, and now that he's 18 he's more than likely in college and wants money for that and maybe even a car! Basically he's tryin to get somethin for nothin! lol