PDA

View Full Version : Why WWE Universe Was Shut Down, Ezekiel Jackson Update and Percy Watson Note

Travicity
01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Joey Styles revealed Saturday on Twitter why World Wrestling Entertainment shut down its social networking site, WWE Universe: "We closed WWE Universe b/c facebook.com/wwe grew so incredibly large so incredibly quickly."

The other reason why WWE's answer to MySpace was shut down was because it was expensive to run, both in hosting costs and in man hours needed to monitor the site.

WWE developmental wrestler Percy Watson beat Chavo Guerrero at SmackDown's live event in Lexington, Kentucky.

Yet-to-debut SmackDown talent Ezekiel Jackson beat Tyler Reks in a squash match at Saturday night's SmackDown live event in Lexington, Kentucky. WWE has been running "Coming Soon" vignettes of Jackson since the Dec. 17 SmackDown.

LOP

mikedudelang
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Jackson is a beast but I wish they could give him a good mouthpiece. If he had someone like Paul Heyman doing his talking, he'd be huge. If they hate Matt Striker on commentary so much, stick him with Jackson as his manager and let him do his thing.

John
01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
They closed the site because FaceBook got too large for them? That's stupid.. Shame to see CoreyC go (Corey Clayton) and I wonder what all the Moderators shall do now (Since WWE payed them to sit and Mod the forums). The title "WWE Universe" doesn't bother me, due to the fact that we can, sorta, be referenced as a Universe. I would have hated if they called us the "WWE Planet" or the "WWE Race".

Kage
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
There is nothing to do with Ezekiel Jackson. They keep saying they are going to push him, and they keep not putting him on tv. Maybe if he had a good manager like said before, they could do something with him

Metalitia
01-10-2011, 01:23 AM
They closed the site because FaceBook got too large for them? That's stupid.. Shame to see CoreyC go (Corey Clayton) and I wonder what all the Moderators shall do now (Since WWE payed them to sit and Mod the forums). The title "WWE Universe" doesn't bother me, due to the fact that we can, sorta, be referenced as a Universe. I would have hated if they called us the "WWE Planet" or the "WWE Race".

In fairness quite a few people weren't too aware/bothered that WWE had their own social networking [age, particularly not when they are also running pages somewhere where most people are already a part of.

Big Zeke seemed to have a good comeback on Raw/Superstars then suddenly disappears for a bit and is announced as "coming soon" to Smackdown.

Let him dominate a seemingly obligatory top rope battle royal on Smackdown to build him up as a supposed force in the Rumble and give him a decent showing there.

Black Widow
01-10-2011, 02:02 AM
Joey Styles revealed Saturday on Twitter why World Wrestling Entertainment shut down its social networking site, WWE Universe: "We closed WWE Universe b/c facebook.com/wwe grew so incredibly large so incredibly quickly."

BULLSHIT! LOL!

the mods on the WWE Universe banned people a LOT hell i got banned 10 times for nothing at all and the last time i was banned i went back and did something ban worthy. my thoughts is people got fed up of being banned and decided to leave the site and they had feck all visiters to it and closed it cause there mods sucked ass :)

Kage
01-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Yeah the Wwe Universe site was a giant clusterfuck of trolls.

John
01-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Regarding Zeke: I really think WWE could use him correctly, due to his size and his character.. Obviously, he'll need a manager if he's going to be successful, but I still think he could be "big".. Pardon the pun.. WWE have done a horrible job with trying to make Show and Henry look like monsters in the past, so I really think that WWE need to get this right with Zeke so they can have one monster who everyone's scared of.. All the other potential monsters are big friendly giants.. WWE Needs at least 1 good monster heel.