PDA

View Full Version : Injury to Force Change to TNA Genesis Match *SPOILER*

Travicity
01-10-2011, 01:43 AM
The word making the rounds is that AJ Styles has suffered some sort of knee injury and won't be working Genesis. That would explain Abyss vs. Douglas Williams being on the board backstage for the card. I haven't heard any definitive word on how long Styles would be out but it looks like at least a few weeks.

Styles vs. Williams has been one of the bright spots in the last few weeks for TNA, so hopefully they'll be able to get back to it as soon as injuries allow.

One would assume Immortal will send out Abyss to take out Williams on AJ's behalf, but we'll see what they have planned creatively.

PWI

Metalitia
01-10-2011, 01:48 AM
That really sucks :(

Hope AJ gets better and can compete soon.

Smartmark
01-10-2011, 01:50 AM
That sucks bigtime!!!!

Williams/Styles was one of the pure wrestling matches on the card

Metalitia
01-10-2011, 01:53 AM
That sucks bigtime!!!!

Williams/Styles was one of the pure wrestling matches on the card

A solid card with AJ vs Williams as the likely show stealer :(

Still will have to see how it plays out on camera I guess.

I'd got with an angle of Abyss taking out Styles backstage screaming something like "You had you're chance AJ and you blew it"

Bischoff decided he'd had enough and didn't have confidence in AJs ability to win back the belt so kicked him out of immortal and made the Monster take his place.

mikedudelang
01-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Dang, TNA can't afford setbacks like this. Too bad for them and AJ.

coachthor
01-10-2011, 02:19 AM
This might facilitate the AJ face turn when he comes back.

danniboi
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
This might facilitate the AJ face turn when he comes back.

after watching the PPV you get the feeling he will still be on camera but bischoff announced 6-8 weeks no AJ before naming abyss as opponent