PDA

View Full Version : How AJ Got Injured and Injury Update

Travicity
01-10-2011, 03:58 AM
AJ Styles wrote on his twitter that he "tore my hip flexor and hip labrum." He promised to be back wrestling "real soon" but would miss the UK tour.

PWI

mikedudelang
01-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Dang man, if it's a torn hip flexor, that's a 4 to 8 week injury, depending on severity of the tear. From what I've read, ignoring it and trying to just work through the pain will likely lead to it becoming a chronic problem for the rest of his life. As much as I'd hate to see him off tv, AJ may need to take a month off and see to this properly.

As an aside, if TNA's Ultimate goal is to turn AJ face again, this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. Bischoff could throw him out for not performing or "no-showing" or whatever, then spend the next several weeks dogging him out on tv. He could then get healthy, come back and run through Fortune/Immortal.

Konan
01-10-2011, 07:35 AM
hope he will be back soon

danniboi
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Bischoff said during the PPV (now we have to be without you AJ for 6-8 weeks) knowing TNA AJ and Williams III wont happen now or if it will wont be hyped as a fued lol they forget storylines quicker than an elzimas patient forgets what they had for lunch

Travicity
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
As noted before, AJ Styles is expected to be out of action for up to six weeks with his new hip injury. If Styles can't heal the injury, he may have to have surgery that will put him out of action 4-6 months.

The storyline reason from last night's Genesis about Styles being hurt while helping his son, who flipped his four-wheeler, is apparently the real cause of Styles' injury, according to sources.

LOP

Smartmark
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
That's a long, long time :(

DUKE NUKEM
01-10-2011, 06:14 PM
thanks for the update Travis i hope he will be back soon

boblovejoy
01-10-2011, 08:49 PM
It's a shame, was looking forward to seeing him in Manchester. Get well soon Aj!