PDA

View Full Version : WWE Announces New TV Deal and CM Punk vs Jerry Lawler

Travicity
01-10-2011, 05:21 PM
CM Punk noted on Twitter that he wrestled Jerry Lawler at last night's RAW live event in Memphis, Tennessee, Lawler's hometown.

WWE announced a new three-year TV deal today with Sky Duetschland that will see programming continue to air in Germany and their HD programming airing in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for the first time. The new deal also adds WWE Superstars and Afterburn, a recap show that doesn't air in the US, to the line-up. Also, the deal will bring all of WWE's pay-per-view events to those markets, airing on Sky in their entirety for the first time ever.

LOP

Smartmark
01-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I like how they involve Jerry in the shows.

Say what you want, but he's a legend, and I enjoyed his match against Miz, until Miz and Riley cheated

Travicity
01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Yea in a way it's pretty good.

Travicity
01-10-2011, 09:44 PM
As Dave Scherer posted, WWE and Sku Deutschland announced a new three year TV deal for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. European fans are going to be really happy about this as the deal brings WWE programming to them in HD for the first time in those markets via Sky.

The new deal will see Raw aired in its entirety for the first time since 1998 in those markets, as opposed to an edited version of the show, which had been the norm there.

Most importantly, will bring them all 13 WWE PPVs, in their entirety, via Sky for the first time ever. Based on the wording of the release, it appears only the four major PPVs (Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series) will air live and in HD.

So, for those of you on the other side of the pond, this a big deal.

PWI

Swinny
01-12-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm not against them being in Lawler for a match or two, but to be putting him smack dab in the middle of the WWE Championship feud and even having him go over the WWE Champion is a bit much.

Metalitia
01-12-2011, 03:09 AM
I'm not against them being in Lawler for a match or two, but to be putting him smack dab in the middle of the WWE Championship feud and even having him go over the WWE Champion is a bit much.

I'm inclined to agree.

I can see why they are using him as they're limited with main event faces for Raw but it's making Miz look horribly weak and like him or not the champion should be made to look like one.

LionDen
01-12-2011, 07:19 AM
I like how they involve Jerry in the shows.

Say what you want, but he's a legend, and I enjoyed his match against Miz, until Miz and Riley cheated

Yeah, I like him wrestling and he does make me laugh still. Although he is in the HOF and should be retired, I keep thinking his HOF entry was more for his announcing than wrestling. Otherwise my opinion would be alot different.

Travicity
01-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Sky Deutschland will announce this Monday that they have come to terms to air WWE Smackdown in its entirety in Germany starting Friday 3/4, airing 10:45 pm on Sky Sport and at midnight on Sky Sport HD 2.

PWI