PDA

View Full Version : Scientists to track 'Bigfoot'

OMEN
01-30-2006, 12:35 AM
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) -- A southern Malaysian state will appoint a team of scientists and experts to hunt for a "Bigfoot" beast after the reported sighting of three giant human-like creatures, officials said Thursday.

Johor Chief Minister Abdul Ghani Othman said the state will form an official Bigfoot-tracking team in a serious bid to find evidence of such a beast following the reported sightings late last year in the Endau Rompin National Park forest.

"The mystery of Bigfoot's existence has attracted a lot of interest," he was quoted as saying by the Bernama national news agency. "We hope the expedition will be able to prove its existence."

Ghani's aide confirmed the report Thursday, saying state administrators decided to set up the team after a council meeting late Wednesday.

"Bigfoot" is a popular name given in the United States to giant hairy creatures walking on two legs. Sightings of such beasts have been reported in many parts of the world but their existence has never been proven.

Malaysian media have been gripped by Bigfoot fever since November 2005, when fish farm workers reported seeing three giant human-like hairy beasts at the edge of the Endau Rompin reserve. They also claimed to have seen a gigantic footprint which they photographed.

The photo was later printed by local newspapers.

Park officials have combed the site where the men claimed they saw the creatures, but found no physical evidence of their existence. However, they recorded more reports of sightings from villagers who live on the park's fringes.

Tourism authorities are planning to capitalize on the sightings to attract visitors to Johor and the park.

Wildlife officials said they may set up camera traps in the jungle to capture images of the creature.

CNN

W-OLF
01-30-2006, 01:43 AM
Well its at least a step up just a few years ago they were saying he/ or she didnt exist.

the madscotsman
01-30-2006, 02:39 PM
I bet that the same group of idiots that have been trying to find Nessie for about 200 years

yankeesman77
01-31-2006, 06:46 PM
it's a shame that there tracking a myth in bigfoot when they should be trying to discover new cures for cancer.

M-J
01-31-2006, 07:47 PM
it's a shame that there tracking a myth in bigfoot when they should be trying to discover new cures for cancer.
i agree why should they bother to discover big foot and they should have go discover the cancer cures, i dont beieleve in big foots actually. but even if he was real, it is just an animal why can they just leave him alone

Big Evil
02-01-2006, 05:03 AM
IMO, this is just another huge waste of money... just like those Russian scientists spending huge amounts of money researching why one of their lakes doesn't have any frogs! :hmm:

the madscotsman
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
^^^^^^ you're shiting me right Big Evil?

Big Evil
02-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Absolutely not. It's true, those Russians are stupid as hell. I guess whether or not a lake has frogs is important to them.

livingdeadguy
02-02-2006, 01:30 AM
sure the money could be spent on better things, but as a believer(sp?) in it's existence (until absolute proof of it not existing), i am quite intrigued by this. and usually these things are jokes played off on discovery as the possibility still lingers but never any proof. the fact that cnn had it does give me confidence in the story's credibility.

the madscotsman
02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Absolutely not. It's true, those Russians are stupid as hell. I guess whether or not a lake has frogs is important to them.
they can't be that stupid, they killed their royal family and the brittish stillhave one.

Big Evil
02-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Well hell, I got tired of the Russian royal family after the 1800's.