PDA

View Full Version : Official WWE Hall of Fame 2011 News and Discussion Thread

Travicity
01-10-2011, 10:16 PM
All News and Discussion to be posted in here

http://www.ring-rap.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/wwe-hall-of-fame-2010.jpg

Confirmed for the Hall of Fame:
1. Shawn Michaels
2. Hacksaw Duggan who will be inducted by ted DiBiase Sr.
3. Bob Armstrong
4. Tammy Sytch
5. Drew Carey

John
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Okaly. I've only seen less than a handful of Anderson matches, but it'll be nice to see him Inducted.. He seems to be one of the only legends who is still in good contact with WWE and Vince.

Travicity
01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
WWE confirmed on Twitter this afternoon that they will announce the first member of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame class tonight on RAW from Nashville.

We may also see WWE Royal Rumble qualifying matches on RAW tonight but that is not confirmed yet.

LOP

"TONIGHT on Raw: The announcement of the first inductee into WWE's Hall of Fame Class of 2011! Watch LIVE at 9/8 CT

Also...

You can't see him ... or can you? Will JohnCena appear in Nashville? Find out LIVE at 9/8 CT on USA_Network!"

WV

mikedudelang
01-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Very deserving. Arn was intensity personified + he was the guy who actually came up with the 4 Horsemen name.

LionDen
01-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Yes, a very well deserved entry. He was huge back in the day.

danniboi
01-11-2011, 01:13 AM
I thought he was already in there lol oh well thats good for arn

Travicity
01-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Jerry Lawler announced on Raw that the first member of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame class is Shawn Michaels.

The Hall of Fame will take place on 4/2 in Atlanta, Georgia.

On his Twitter account, Shawn Michaels wrote, "Surprise! Surprise! Seriously, thanks to all of u for making my career such a joy. I will carry those moments w/me all my life. Thx 4 sharing it w/me."

PWI

OMG WAAAAH!!!

Vick Diesel
01-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Hold the phone, I thought this years HOF awards were gonna be focused on WCW, Shawn Michaels was never in WCW so why honor him, why not name someone from WCW first? Just curious

Travicity
01-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Well he retired last year and it's the next year now maybe if he retired the year before it would of been at last year's...Unless a Kliq a few of his friends were in WCW...Who Knows but SM's gonna love this. Lol HHH To induct him? Or Sting :shifty2:

Vick Diesel
01-11-2011, 04:56 AM
If Sting agrees maybe, but I see HHH inducting him as they were Tag Partners/Partners in Crime lol

Smartmark
01-11-2011, 05:01 AM
:omg:

Fudgecake marking right here!!

Please, Sting and Trips to induct him together!!! They are his best friends!!

ArJay
01-11-2011, 05:56 AM
The WCW thing was never confirmed, only rumored. Great to see HBK make it in the first time he's on the ballot. I don't see Sting inducting him but ya never know.

Off topic: Why the hell is your sig so goddamn big Travis? Did we all of a sudden get new size limitations or something?

Travicity
01-11-2011, 06:07 AM
It's supposed to be like that RJ lol. LD's adding a Limit to Sig sizes. It will be taken down soon :).

ArJay
01-11-2011, 06:11 AM
It's supposed to be like that RJ lol. LD's adding a Limit to Sig sizes. It will be taken down soon :).

What are you talking about? We already have a limit (500x500) and that picture is two times it. Even if we didn't, and you knew one was being added, why you would have that now? It's kinda pointless and even on my 32in screen this site is getting stretched to hell because of it. I feel bad for anybody with a small monitor that views any thread you post in.

mikedudelang
01-11-2011, 06:21 AM
I thought he was already in there lol oh well thats good for arn

It's funny you say that because I thought he should have been inducted with Ric Flair a few years ago. To me, it just made sense to put them in together.

Vick Diesel
01-11-2011, 07:03 AM
It's funny you say that because I thought he should have been inducted with Ric Flair a few years ago. To me, it just made sense to put them in together.

I felt the same way....I also felt that way about Sting when Ric Flair was inducted due to Ric puttin Sting on the map, and their matches were always awesome to watch whether in person or on TV!

Konan
01-11-2011, 07:08 AM
WWE just prematurely ejactulated all over by anouncing it's biggest name to the 2011 H.O.F. so soon.No other name can top that

Travicity
01-11-2011, 07:19 AM
It will be taken down soon RJ.

After it was announced that Shawn Michaels will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 2nd, longtime friend Sean "X-Pac" Waltman wrote the following on Twitter.com/TheRealXPac:

"I have no words right now to describe how happy I am for Shawn," Waltman wrote.

"No one deserves it more. I will be there to see him inducted if I have to f---ing hitchhike to get there... I would love for the Wolfpac to be in attendance that night. I'm trying to think of the last time The Kliq were all together. 2002?"

LOP

Travicity
01-11-2011, 07:29 AM
The term "HBK HBK HBK" topped Twitter's worldwide trend list shortly after the announcement. "Shawn Michaels" and "Sweet Chin Music" also trended.

F4WOnline.com reports that tonight's WWE Hall of Fame inductee announcement is one of "three big ones" that have been finalized

LOP

Smartmark
01-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Bruno Sammartino finally getting inducted? :think:

Travicity
01-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Misawa :omg:?

Smartmark
01-11-2011, 07:50 AM
^^ Or both Sammartino and Misawa? :omg:

Or what about HBK, Sting and Benoit? :omg:

Smartmark
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Seems like this years HOF ceremony will be great! :D

Double A truly deserves it!

jedi71
01-11-2011, 05:32 PM
this is good news i hope he gets inducted he deserves it.

mikedudelang
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
It should be HBK, Macho Man & Sammartino but there's no way the last two get in.

mikedudelang
01-11-2011, 05:55 PM
After it was announced that Shawn Michaels will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 2nd, longtime friend Sean "X-Pac" Waltman wrote the following on Twitter.com/TheRealXPac:

"I have no words right now to describe how happy I am for Shawn," Waltman wrote.

"No one deserves it more. I will be there to see him inducted if I have to f---ing hitchhike to get there... I would love for the Wolfpac to be in attendance that night. I'm trying to think of the last time The Kliq were all together. 2002?"

LOP

WWE just added more security to the HOF detail.

Travicity
01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
No way Benoit lol. But will be interesting to see who. Goldberg?

Travicity
01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Yea he deserves it alot more than some of the guys in there.

Travicity
01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Jim Ross commented on Shawn Michaels being named to the WWE Hall of Fame in his latest blog entry on www.JrsBarBQ.com, commenting:

"Raw was highlighted, IMO. by the announcement of Shawn Michaels being the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame for 2011. HBK is SO deserving and is arguably the greatest in ring performer of all time and let me tell you folks that statement covers a lot of ground.

Announcing HBK as being the centerpiece of this year's HOF Induction Ceremony the night before WM27 certainly give one even more viable reason to buy tickets for the event which go on sale Saturday.

While having dinner in OKC a few weeks ago with HBK we talked about three hours about a zillion things seemingly including family and business. During the conversation the subject of the WWE HOF came up and Shawn mentioned to me how much going in 'some day' would mean to him. Little did either of us know at that point in time that Shawn wouldn't have to wait long and nor should he."

Ross wrote in much greater detail about Michaels' in-ring career, which I highly suggest checking out at Ross' website. You can also check out Ross' comments on Raw as well.

PWI

Swinny
01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
It should be HBK, Macho Man & Sammartino but there's no way the last two get in.

Never say never. I still have hope. I was actually thinking, due to some of the comments that were made, that the first inductee would be Sammartino, finally, but as the night went on it seems obvious it was HBK.

As far as Goldberg goes, if he goes in before Sammartino, Savage and others, it'll be a travesty.

I'd like to see guys like Arn Anderson, The Road Warriors, The Fabulous Freebirds, Vader, Ron Simmons and I'm sure there's others. Not really sure which of those are considered "big names" these days though.

Swinny
01-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Good. I expected him to go in this year and glad to see it confirmed, he's definitely deserving.

The Mac
01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
definetly deserved...he was always overshadowed by ric flair but he was a great talent and a important person backstage for vince for wuite awhile

Vick Diesel
01-12-2011, 02:13 AM
I was thinkin that the big three not including HBK are Sting, Lex Luger, and Arn Anderson just a thought

Swinny
01-12-2011, 02:56 AM
I was thinkin that the big three not including HBK are Sting, Lex Luger, and Arn Anderson just a thought

I don't know about Arn being considered a "big one", but maybe. Luger, perhaps, I still really don't know about him though, I'd rather see someone like Hall and Nash inducted over Luger and although everyone's talking about Sting being inducted, I really don't see it happening. I know there have been a few people inducted that haven't wrestled in the WWE, but I still don't see Sting being inducted because of that reason. We'll see, I guess.

Travicity
01-12-2011, 04:36 AM
Several people in WWE have commented on Shawn Michaels being the first name announced for the WWE Hall of Fame's Class of 2011.

Joey Styles: "Shawn Michaels is the best all around wrestler I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Calling his matches was always fun. Congrats Shawn."

Jim Ross: "When I had dinner w/ hbk in okc few wks ago, shawn mentioned the wwe hof & how much it meant 2 him. Congrats Shawn & welcome 2 the club."

Howard Finkle: "Congrats of your forthcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame! Welcome to the club, my friend!"

Beth Phoenix: "HBK! HBK! HBK"

As we reported earlier, Michaels' long time friend Sean Waltman also congratulated his fellow Kliq member, saying he'll be there in person if he has to hitchhike to get there

NoDq

Gregory Helms isn't happy about the Shawn Michaels Hall of Fame induction as he ripped him hard on his Twitter account.
http://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom?from_source=onebox

PWI

Xan20
01-12-2011, 05:03 AM
I wonder who started the WCW year rumor?

The Mac
01-12-2011, 05:04 AM
it still will have wcw guys

LionDen
01-12-2011, 07:10 AM
HBK :omg: I wonder if he is going to be another Ric Flair. I mean seriously, these stars going into the HOF and then coming back and performing is ridiculous. Who wants a bet that this is what happens with HBK? IMO HOF inductees should not continue to perform in any way whatsoever once they are inducted, there are so many past wrestlers who should be in it but WWE continue to bring in these popular types just so people are really interested in it.

Travicity
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Former WWE
star Gregory Helms, who ripped Shawn Michaels on Twitter a few months back, had more comments against Shawn this week after his Hall of Fame induction.

Helms wrote: "The HOF is great but I take more pride & comfort in the fact that I've never "screwjobbed" ANYONE in life or the biz! $$$ isn't everything."

Later, Chris Jericho wrote that Shawn was the greatest performer of all-time. Helms re-tweeted Jericho's message and added his opinion: "BS! Flair did more & got more people over.

Helms then wrote another message, which sounds like it was directed at Jericho: "If u got something to say, say it public. Enough ass-kissing. He wasn't the greatest when he was cussing u out in catering."

Helms continued to rant:

"Flair got over people that absolutely SUCKED!! Shawn hadn't gotten over anyone but himself in the last decade!!

I'm sorry being honest comes off bad on Twitter, I'm not hating, I'm stating FACTS!! Facts that I would swear by on my life.

And wearing a cross doesn't make u right. Hitler wore one too! Don't be FOOLED by a TV persona!! I'm always honest. NO ONE can accuse me."

LOP

The Mac
01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
wtf is helms problem with hbk?

mikedudelang
01-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Helms is just bitter that he's wrestling for 100 people in high schools while Shawn widely considered one of the top 2 performers of all time.

John
01-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Source: prowrestling.net

-- WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin congratulated Shawn Michaels on Twitter for his upcoming induction into the Hall of Fame. Austin, who defeated Michaels to win his first WWE championship in the main event of WrestleMania 14, wrote on @SteveAustinBSR:

"Congrats to Shawn Michaels going into HOF. He is the greatest in ring performer I have ever seen."

mikedudelang
01-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Stone Cold is right on the money.

Smartmark
01-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Stone Cold is so right. There never was, or never will be any wrestler better than Shawn Michaels! :bow:

Travicity
01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Kevin Nash wrote the following on his Twitter yesterday about Shawn Michaels: "Congratulations to @ShawnMichaels_ the greatest. Is the HOF even enough? Come on Vince. Bronze statue in the lobby?"

- For what it's worth, Sean Waltman, Nash and Scott Hall are all three saying they will be at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Atlanta to see Shawn get inducted

NoDq

The Mac
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
waltman said he'd hitch hike if need be lol

Smartmark
01-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Here is some HOF inductees for yah!

Shawn Michaels
Arn Anderson
Bruno Sammartino
Sting
Misawa
Stan Hansen
Chris Benoit

Would that be the greatest HOF Ceremony ever? Hell Yeah!!

Metalitia
01-13-2011, 12:39 AM
- For what it's worth, Sean Waltman, Nash and Scott Hall are all three saying they will be at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Atlanta to see Shawn get inducted

NoDq

nWo going in?

HBK :omg: I wonder if he is going to be another Ric Flair. I mean seriously, these stars going into the HOF and then coming back and performing is ridiculous. Who wants a bet that this is what happens with HBK? IMO HOF inductees should not continue to perform in any way whatsoever once they are inducted, there are so many past wrestlers who should be in it but WWE continue to bring in these popular types just so people are really interested in it.

I agree with the sentiments here.

No doubt HBK is deserving of going into the HOF but I'd have held off on it till next year or later just incase he does wanna comeback sometime.

Doing some sort of angle to coincide with the induction I have no problem with but anything more and it just seems a bit silly.

Travicity
01-13-2011, 02:39 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki underwent surgery on January 5th for stones in his gall bladder. He's recovering well but won't be out of the hospital until January 17th.

- Based on recent talks within WWE, other names considered for this year's Hall of Fame class include Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Lex Luger, Ron Simmons, Madusa and The Honky Tonk Man, who turned it down last year because he had a prior commitment that paid better.

Vince McMahon has wanted Ted Turner to be inducted, for the publicity value, but Turner accepting the induction isn't likely.

WWE officials will make a push for Sting to be inducted if he doesn't re-sign with TNA but he's expected to stick around for another year. Another name talked about is Bill Goldberg, as noted before.

NoDq

Smartmark
01-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Dean Malenko? :omg: That's a good inductee!

Swinny
01-13-2011, 03:58 AM
Dean Malenko would be awesome, didn't expect him to be inducted though, but if there's talks about it, it might just happen. Here's hoping.

ArJay
01-13-2011, 04:33 AM
If Dean Malenko gets in Chris Jericho HAS to induct him. (Assuming he's back by WM.)
Smartmark don't even bother and respond to this please haha.

Smartmark
01-13-2011, 04:43 AM
^^ What's that suppose to mean? :P

I'm still hoping for Chris Benoit to be inducted by William Regal. I would cry as fu**

Travicity
01-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Not gonna happen ^

But actually what about William Regal? Would be cool if Danielson inducted him :think:.

Could say Jericho but he's probably going to be wrestling for quite a while yet.

Smartmark
01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
I never thought of it before you said it. William Regal would be a good inductee actually :)

Travicity
01-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Hmm yes he's done a bit and in WCW. If they're going with that he could be good :) Lol and this might be more rassler wrestling slammies this year.

Smartmark
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
^^ Not gonna comment on my list? :(

Travicity
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
The seating chart for the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame has been released and can be viewed by seeing below:

http://www.philipsarena.com/Content/view.aspx?CID=77abaa6b-c59a-412e-bcdc-9dc533049d45&MnLevel=2|2

Travicity
01-13-2011, 10:25 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment issued the following press release today touting the ticket sales for the WWE Hall of Fame this Saturday and Shawn Michaels being named to the Hall as the 2011 headline induction:

SHAWN MICHAELS TO ENTER WWE HALL OF FAME

World Wrestling Entertainment® announced today that one of the greatest Superstars to ever perform for WWE, “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. The induction ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 2 at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA, the evening before WrestleMania® XXVII.

“Shawn Michaels was the best in-ring performer in the history of WWE,” said Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO.

Shawn Michaels had one of the most storied careers in the annals of World Wrestling Entertainment. He held every major championship over his 23 year career with the sports entertainment company. In addition to his “HBK” moniker and as one half of “D-Generation X®,”

Michaels earned the nickname “Mr. WrestleMania” due to his numerous memorable matches at the annual, pop culture extravaganza. Fittingly, Michaels’ final match took place last March at WrestleMania XXVI, losing to The Undertaker® in an epic match where he put his career on the line.

PWI

Travicity
01-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Many people in the wrestling industry have been congratulating Michaels this week, including former rival Steve Austin, who called him the best in-ring worker he's ever seen. As part of today's press release, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon echoed Austin's opinion, with this strong endorsement:

“Shawn Michaels was the best in-ring performer in the history of WWE.”

The induction ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 2 at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA, the evening before WrestleMania XXVII.

LOP

Travicity
01-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Many people in the wrestling industry have been congratulating Michaels this week, including former rival Steve Austin, who called him the best in-ring worker he's ever seen. As part of today's press release, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon echoed Austin's opinion, with this strong endorsement:

“Shawn Michaels was the best in-ring performer in the history of WWE.”

The induction ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 2 at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA, the evening before WrestleMania XXVII.

LOP

JohnCenaFan28
01-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm glad they dumped the wCw themed HoF idea.

Swinny
01-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm glad they dumped the wCw themed HoF idea.

Why said they did?

Travicity
01-14-2011, 09:54 PM
They might not off.

Travicity
01-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Both Paul Heyman and Bill Goldberg have given Shawn Michaels their congratulations for getting into the Hall of Fame. There's been talk within the company of getting Goldberg in due to the ten-year anniversary of WCW folding, but Michaels and Triple H have both said they don't think he belongs in.

EWN

Smartmark
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't think Goldberg fits in either. I never liked him to be honest

jstrick71
01-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Shawn deserves to be in, no questions asked. As far as why they announced him already, WWE wanted to get an even bigger opening day draw for ticket sales. Notice that Shawn never spoke on Raw? He won't 'til WM27. Either HHH or Undertaker should induct him. I'd also like to put in my vote for all of the other Horsemen, maybe as a group or at least Arn and Malenko. Shouldn't Tully Blanchard also have a part in that as well?

LionDen
01-16-2011, 07:03 AM
I don't think Goldberg fits in either. I never liked him to be honest

I think he has a right to be in the HOF. Even though it was his gimmick, he did win all those matches without a loss and that is a big deal in somebodys book. He also brought in the crowds even though his matches only lasted seconds sometimes lol

As for who should induct Shawn Michaels, I say Triple H would be the man to do it. They have been close for the last 13 years and ofcourse had there DX gimmick which would go over well with the crowd that night.

Swinny
01-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Who should induct Shawn Michaels? Easy... Bret Hart. :P

LionDen
01-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Who should induct Shawn Michaels? Easy... Bret Hart. :P

lol They should say he is as a joke.

Travicity
01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Yea there are some names that could induct him quite a few :P.

Travicity
01-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Tickets for the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame went on sale this weekend.

Tickets for the WWE Hall of Fame sold extremely well this past weekend. As of this writing, all that is left are some of the $50 tickets in the top level of the Philllips Arena. The $75 and $60 tickets are all gone, so it certainly looks like the Hall will be sold out by the time it comes around in April. Shawn Michaels' name meant ticket sales.

LOP/PWI

-- One WWE source doubted reports of the entire list for this year's WWE Hall of Fame class being set in stone. Although discussions have begun, the source does not believe there is much locked in—besides Shawn Michaels. However, the insider strongly feels that reports of Arn Anderson and Ron Simmons being enshrined this year are correct.

LOP

Travicity
01-19-2011, 02:26 AM
According to sources within WWE, the company is currently in "heavy discussion" regarding the possible induction of The Fabulous Freebirds into this year's Hall of Fame.

The team consisted of mostly Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, and Terry Gordy.

WNS

Metalitia
01-19-2011, 02:33 AM
NO HOF induction on Raw this week? I thought it was gonna be more or less weekly?

Vick Diesel
01-19-2011, 03:02 AM
According to sources within WWE, the company is currently in "heavy discussion" regarding the possible induction of The Fabulous Freebirds into this year's Hall of Fame.

The team consisted of mostly Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, and Terry Gordy.

WNS

The Fabulous Free Birds were awesome back in their day, and they all deserve this honor!

Swinny
01-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Glad to hear about the Freebirds, I was definitely hoping they'd be inducted. However, if they get inducted, I truly think Jimmy Garvin should be included as well.

Vick Diesel
01-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Glad to hear about the Freebirds, I was definitely hoping they'd be inducted. However, if they get inducted, I truly think Jimmy Garvin should be included as well.

Totally agree

Travicity
01-25-2011, 03:08 AM
- Abdullah the Butcher and "Bullet" Bob Armstrong are under consideration for induction into the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania XXVII weekend.

Abdullah's unpredictable, ultra-violent style served as inspiration for numerous wrestlers and he still continues to compete on the independent circuit in a career that has now spanned seven decades. Armstrong is the patriarch of the Armstrong wrestling family; he has four sons (Scott, Brad, Steve and Brian), all of whom became wrestlers.

LOP

Konan
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Abdullah the Butcher would be an interesting one as I don't see much of the current WWE fan base knowing much at all about him.

Metalitia
01-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Abdullah the Butcher would be an interesting one as I don't see much of the current WWE fan base knowing much at all about him.

It shouldn't be about that though, save for the big name entrants. To give the HOF credibility it should be about who has had a career or impact on the wrestling world deserving of prolonged fame and glory.

Swinny
01-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Abdullah! I would love to see him inducted, no one has had the kind of longevity he has and although he hasn't competed in the WWE, which may hurt his chances, but he still definitely deserves it.

Travicity
01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
A source close to Abdullah the Butcher says that he has agreed to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. There has been no confirmation from other sources or WWE.

- For what it's worth, Mark Fuller and Trevor Gray sent word that Hacksaw Jim Duggan was telling fans at an autograph signing with Carlito in Glenn Falls, New York this weekend that he was going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.

WNS

Swinny
01-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah, Hacksaw definitely wouldn't surprise me.

Metalitia
01-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Fair play on Hacksaw whilst not the most technical he was a BIG name face back in the day and I have a soft spot for him anyways :)

HO!

Travicity
01-31-2011, 02:12 AM
Don't call me a HO Metal :no:.

Smartmark
01-31-2011, 02:26 AM
Abdullah in HOF?! :omg:

Metalitia
02-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Don't call me a HO Metal :no:.

Alright.... Aksana :P

Travicity
02-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Hmm ok you can call me that :D.

Travicity
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
A press release was sent out this week noting that Scott Hall, who apparently has been living healthier, is headed to Houston, Texas for rehab where he will be treated for his heart and psychiatric care. The release also noted that once he's done with rehab, Hall plans on attending the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Atlanta where his friend Shawn Michaels will be the headliner. WWE is likely paying for Hall's upcoming treatment.

NoDq

LionDen
02-04-2011, 08:10 PM
There is a lot of talk of Abdullah the Butcher going into the WWE Hall of Fame. Abby is a longtime resident of Atlanta, so it makes sense. The band American Lesion made reference to Abdullah being inducted in a recent online post where they discussed his appearance in an upcoming music video. Triple H noted months ago that he had suggested Abby be inducted and while no one would ever deny his status as a legend, it's a unique situation given that he's never worked for WWE in any form that I am aware of and inducting the fork-wielding "Madman from the Sudan" into the Hall during the company's current PG run is pretty damn unique. We shall see but personally, I am hoping for this one.

PWI

The Mac
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
damn that would be awesome if he gets inducted...seems like the only rumours we get for hof are guys that live in atlanta...is wwe that cheap? to not fly in anyone lol

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Triple H has been pushing for him so wouldn't be surprised. Never saw much of his work except for a couple of JCW shows he did well past his prime..... only heard a lotta crazy stories lol

Konan
02-08-2011, 06:27 AM
I would expect WWE to start announcing names soon. No point in waiting until after Elimination Chamber.

LionDen
02-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Is it just me or are the WWE not really adding any people to the HOF this year. Why add Shawn Michaels all those weeks ago, was it because he was in town lol. I find it all very strange.

The Mac
02-13-2011, 03:16 AM
ya they used to add one a week to the list

Vick Diesel
02-13-2011, 03:38 AM
I can't wait to find out who the rest of the guys are that the WWE are going to be inducting into the HOF...Abdullah the Butcher totally deserves to be in the HOF

Travicity
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
As Devin Cutting sent along late last night, The WWE Hall of Fame highlight special will not air on the USA Network until the day after Wrestlemania 27, Monday 4/4 at 8 PM.

This is a major positive for fans attending the ceremonies on Saturday 4/2 as the event will not longer be forced to curtail inductions and acceptance speeches in order to insure that WWE's production team can have the one hour broadcast edited and completed in time for a broadcast the same evening.

In recent years, the editing to the special has caused speeches to be edited down to basically nothing during broadcasts (Bret Hart in 2006) and for speeches to be stopped before the speaker was finished (Ric Flair in 2008) in order to film the closing "confetti raining down" moments of the ceremony.

In 2009, the company instituted strict time restrictions for both those inducting Hall of Famers and for those accepting their honors. While this allowed for a shorter run time of the show for the production team, it also forced wrestlers who had worked for decades to attempt to shrink their entire body of work into a short five minute speech. Doing so really hurt the heart and soul of the event and made it far less memorable and emotional in many cases.

The change in plans to air the Hall will provide the company with the best of both worlds - having a longer, special evening for those in attendance (and something more substantial to accentuate the Wrestlemania DVD set) as well as providing the company's TV Production team more leeway to edit the festivities down into a one hour version of the ceremony.

Let's hope this is a new standard for the event, which has been one of the best nights of the year in the past.

PWI

Konan
02-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Is it just me or are the WWE not really adding any people to the HOF this year. Why add Shawn Michaels all those weeks ago, was it because he was in town lol. I find it all very strange.

agreed. Seems strange, but probably just had to do with Shawn being in town for it already.

Travicity
02-22-2011, 02:57 AM
WWE will begin announcing Hall of Fame inductees this week for the Class of 2011 that will join Shawn Michaels onstage in Atlanta on 4/2.

As previously reported in the PWInsider.com Elite section, Tammy "Sunny" Sytch will be part of the Class while Hacksaw Duggan has also been strongly discussed. We've heard from one source Duggan is confirmed but haven't been able to double source that.

Other names that we've heard mentioned are Abdullah the Butcher (although there was talk a week ago about inducting him in Miami due to his Florida run) and Bullet Bob Armstrong. I know there are sources close to the Armstrong family who have passed on that Armstrong is scheduled but we haven't heard that from any of our usual WWE sources.

So, we'll see who gets announced starting tonight.

PWI

Travicity
02-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Hacksaw Duggan, who will be inducted by ted DiBiase Sr.

PWI

Swinny
02-22-2011, 04:47 AM
Congrats to Hacksaw, he's earned it.

Vick Diesel
02-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Hacksaw definitely earned his induction into the HOF...can't wait to see whose next, hoping it'll be Macho Man and Bruno Sammartino

Konan
02-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I assume Bob Armstrong to be a pick as well.

The Mac
02-24-2011, 06:42 AM
It's being reported that Terry Funk will induct Abdullah The Butcher, Dusty Rhodes will induct The Road Warriors and referee Scott Armstrong will induct Bullet Bob Armstrong into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. No word yet who will induct Sunny and Triple H is expected to induct Shawn Michaels. Ted DiBiase Sr. has been confirmed to induct Jim Duggan. Road Dogg Jesse James will be a part of Armstrong's induction ceremony, likely joining Scott on stage.

There is said to be more surprises for this year's Class besides the names we have heard about already

ND

Swinny
02-24-2011, 08:19 AM
I would have loved to see Mick Foley induct Abdullah, would have been great. That obviously can't happen though. Glad Road Dogg will be involved in Bullet Bob's induction, he should be the one actually doing it though. Also, Trish inducting Sunny would probably make sense.

The Mac
02-24-2011, 08:21 AM
I would have loved to see Mick Foley induct Abdullah, would have been great. That obviously can't happen though. Glad Road Dogg will be involved in Bullet Bob's induction, he should be the one actually doing it though. Also, Trish inducting Sunny would probably make sense.

remember its wwe....they do nuttin that makes sense

Travicity
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Sullivan could induct Abdullah.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Duggan was horrible. He had no business being pushed let alone being in HoF

Travicity
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Former WWE and TNA star BG "Road Dogg" James via Twitter:

"Look for Bob Armstrong package on raw tonight. Fifty yrs in the business."

WV

Travicity
03-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Bullet Bob Armstrong. WWE.com has a video of it on their site dated today. My guess is it was scheduled to be on Raw but got clipped for time reasons. ... Thanks to Richard Colbert for sending that along.

Bullet" Bob Armstrong, the patriarch of the Armstrong family, is the latest inductee to be announced for WWE's Hall of Fame Class of 2011 (presented by THQ's WWE All Stars, in stores March 29).

The announcement was made on WWE.com instead of Raw, likely due to time constraints.

The current Hall of Fame class includes Shawn Michaels, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Armstrong. Duggan will be inducted by "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase. Michaels and Armstrong's inductors have yet to be announced.

LOP

The Mac
03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Sources report that WWE will announce Sunny as the next member of the 2011 Hall of Fame on next week's RAW from Texas, the same RAW that Steve Austin will be returning on.

Abdullah the Butcher confirmed on Monday's episode of Right After Wrestling that he will be inducted into this year's WWE Hall of Fame class.

His unpredictable, ultra-violent style served as inspiration for numerous wrestlers and he still continues to compete on the independent circuit in a career that has lasted over fifty years.

During the interview, Abdullah cited fellow wrestling legend Terry Funk as the person he'd want to be inducted by. The Butcher also said that if he and Hulk Hogan were paired together in a feud today, they would draw money.

The current Hall of Fame class includes Shawn Michaels, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Bob Armstrong. Duggan will be inducted by "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase. Michaels and Armstrong's inductors have yet to be announced

ND

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I knew Bullet Bob was why Scott was brought back lol

Swinny
03-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Very happy Abdullah seems to be officially going in. Still wish Mick Foley was available to induct him though. Funk works too though.

Konan
03-05-2011, 08:14 PM
This might be sad to say, but Sunny clearly isn't going to be there so put in Madusa (Ayroha Blaze) like I read somewhere before.
And what the hell is going on? Still no new names.

Kage
03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Bullet Bob has been confirmed?

Swinny
03-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Bullet Bob has been confirmed?

Yeah, they confirmed him on WWE.com.

And there's no way Alundra Blayze is going in. They're not going to put in someone who left the WWE, with a title, and threw it in the trash.

Travicity
03-06-2011, 10:45 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment will announce tomorrow that Tammy "Sunny" Sytch will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this April on Raw.

PWI

Travicity
03-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Former WWE Diva Sunny is expected to be announced as the next inductee into WWE's Hall of Fame Class of 2011 tonight on Monday Night Raw. She said yesterday on Facebook that she will be at Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar (located on 2241 U.S. 1 North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902) tonight to watch the show because "there's supposed to be something big happening." Minutes later, she shot down speculation that it pertains to WWE.

"Listen, I've told you all....I have NOT been contacted by the WWE for anything," she wrote. "I'm scheduled to appear for ROH wrestling in Atlanta...get over it already."

She later backtracked amidst numerous congratulatory messages, writing, "Ok..thank you...but everyone needs to stop. Nothing is official until it's official... keep that in mind."

LOP

Swinny
03-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Well... at least she's trying to keep things a surprise, I guess.

Konan
03-08-2011, 10:44 AM
It's a Sunny day.

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Anyone else besides me who feel that Chris Candido should be inducted together with Tammy?

Metalitia
03-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Considering all the time they gave to showing us shit we've already seen anyone else think it was a bit off not to put a highlights package on Bob Armstrong at least on Smackdown?

Also I personally view Sunny as a weak choice but I guess she's considered the first of the "modern style" Divas.

Swinny
03-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Anyone else besides me who feel that Chris Candido should be inducted together with Tammy?

Well... as far as the WWE goes, Sunny was known a lot more on her own than with Candido, so it probably makes more sense to induct her on her own. However, I would love to see Candido inducted in the future, but I don't know if I see it happening any time soon.

Konan
03-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Very, at least the other guys had storylines. Come on! Jeremy Piven is known for saying SummerFest! Drew took part in a gimmick entry in the Royal Rumble....and it wasn't interesting. Whatever...I don't care.

Metalitia
03-21-2011, 09:32 PM
WWE's facebook just posted:

Welcome "The Madman from the Sudan" to the WWE Hall of Fame!! Former WCW & ECW alumnus Abdullah The Butcher will be inducted April 2 at Philips Arena as part of WWE WrestleMania XXVII weekend. The WWE Hall of Fame presented by WWE All Stars, the video game airs April 4 at 8/7 CT on USA Network!
WWE 2011 Hall of Fame Inductee: Abdullah the Butcher
www.wwe.com
One of the most vicious competitors to ever enter the ring, the ferocious Abdullah the Butcher brutalized opponents across the globe and now joins the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2011.

Swinny
03-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Abdullah's officially going in, that's awesome.

Travicity
03-21-2011, 10:24 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment announced on their website that the incomparable Abdullah the Butcher will inducted into the company's Hall of Fame on Saturday 4/2 in Atlanta, Georgia.

Abdullah, who will be inducted by longtime rival Terry Funk, has actually never competed for WWE, making it a pretty unique induction. He's been a longstanding tradition in the Atlanta area, where he lives and operates his restaurant, Abdullah the Butcher's House of Ribs & Chinese Food.

PWI

Travicity
03-21-2011, 10:32 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment announced this afternoon that Abdullah the Butcher will inducted into the organization's Hall of Fame on Saturday, April 2 in Atlanta, Georgia. It's interesting to note that WWE.com's bio on The Butcher notes that while he never brawled two-time WWE Champion Bruno Sammartino or went the distance with Bob Backlund at Madison Square Garden, all three wrestling icons will be together when he's inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

The text reads: "Still active today even though he’s in his 70s, The Butcher has battled every legend in nearly every promotion on the planet — except WWE. Despite his decades in the ring, Abdullah never brawled with Bruno Sammartino for the WWE Championship or went the distance with Bob Backlund in Madison Square Garden. These are dream matches that will never happen, but these icons will all be together when The Butcher takes his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2011."

It appears to be a mistake on the website's part as Sammartino and Backlund aren't members of the WWE Hall of Fame, not to mention that it is far fetched that Sammartino would involve himself with WWE. Since his retirement from in-ring competition in 1987, he has been highly critical of the organization's lurid storylines, over-the-top theatrics, and drug and steroid abuse. The living legend has been particularly critical of Vince McMahon, saying that "Junior" has been detrimental to his father's creation. Sammartino has refused induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, as well as to provide commentary on retrospectives of his career.

Meanwhile, Backlund reportedly refused an invitation into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2004 because he didn't consider himself retired. He competed for TNA Wrestling in 2007 at the age of 58 and made an appearance at the 15th Anniversary of Raw on December 10 of that year, participating in the 15th Anniversary battle royal.

LOP