PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Carter Responds to X-Division Demise Rumour

Travicity
01-14-2011, 09:57 PM
TNA President Dixie Carter responded to the rumor that the company was going to drop their X-Division today on her Twitter account, shooting it down completely. Carter wrote, "Not sure where you've heard the X Division is going away but it's not true at all. I'm working to beef it up with both familiar & new faces."

As we noted yesterday, TNA sources indicated there had been no discussion of doing away with the division at all recently. One source told me they were working on something later in the year to better spotlight the division but couldn't give away details.

In any event, I think Carter's statement should put that rumor to rest.

PWI

Smartmark
01-14-2011, 10:31 PM
:bow: Dixie

I'm glad the rumors where false. Removing the X-Division would be the death of TNA for sure

Travicity
01-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Yea would of hurt TNA alot and so many great matches would of been lost.

Smartmark
01-14-2011, 10:44 PM
^^ Yeah, no Ultimate X Matches? :(

Vick Diesel
01-14-2011, 10:56 PM
The X division is the heart and soul of TNA along with the Tag Division w/out either one of those Divisions TNA could kiss their company goodbye!

Travicity
01-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Well it's fine now so more UX Matches.

mikedudelang
01-15-2011, 12:15 AM
I still say they'd be better off doing away with it. Get rid of the X-Division title, add the U.S. Title. I mean, the X-Division guys could still do everything they do now, they'd just have fewer restrictions on who they'd wrestle. TNA could very easily make the TV Title the equivalent of the X-Division belt.

Travicity
01-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Weird add US title and get rid of X-Division :eek:

Smartmark
01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
I still say they'd be better off doing away with it. Get rid of the X-Division title, add the U.S. Title. I mean, the X-Division guys could still do everything they do now, they'd just have fewer restrictions on who they'd wrestle. TNA could very easily make the TV Title the equivalent of the X-Division belt.

They can't take away everything that made TNA famous. What would be left if they took away The X-Division?

Metalitia
01-15-2011, 05:04 AM
Nah it's good if they are genuinely gonna "beef it up".

Focus on bringing the division to prominence again this year and then come the end of the year if all has gone as it looks like it could then TNA should hopefully be considered as a strong alternative to WWE.

With the added bonuses of a superior womens division, tag division and they're unique X division again.

If all goes right and providing they don't fuck around too much with this Immortal/M.E.M stuff 2011 COULD be a very strong year for TNA.

mikedudelang
01-15-2011, 05:21 AM
Weird add US title and get rid of X-Division :eek:

Yeah, Jeremy Borasch showed a picture of a TNA U.S. Title Belt last month on his twitter.

mikedudelang
01-15-2011, 05:34 AM
They can't take away everything that made TNA famous. What would be left if they took away The X-Division?

They have been consistently drawing 1.2's and 1.3's in the rating over the last few years. Sticking with "everything that made them famous" means they won't grow. Getting rid of the X-Division wouldn't mean getting rid of the wrestlers, it wouldn't mean getting rid of the great matches, it would simply mean getting rid of the belt and replacing it with a belt that could not only be held by smaller guys, but every other member of the roster. It just makes sense, really. You open up more match possibilities, which would allow for more varied storylines.

Look at it another way: Rey Misterio would have never become what he's become had he not been able to move up the ranks and take on bigger guys. Had he been stuck in a Cruiserweight Division, he'd simply be remembered as a high flyer and not as the huge name he is in the WWE. If TNA wants to take that next step, taking calculated risks are their only chance.