PDA

View Full Version : the Ecw matches why not all hardcore

stingfan5
08-25-2006, 03:59 AM
i was just thinking about ECW and it is Extreme , well then why are the matches not all hardcore rules i thought that is what would set it apart form Raw and SD

XXKSXX
08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Well they can't be all hardcore or else it would mostlikly be to bloody for TV and who wants to watch black and white TV so that they can get the blood a difrent color. But seriusly its because it's not the orignal ECW its more or less just the name.

Flair Country
08-25-2006, 02:46 PM
i was just thinking about ECW and it is Extreme , well then why are the matches not all hardcore rules i thought that is what would set it apart form Raw and SD

I couldn't agree with you more my friend. It just doesn't feel like ECW when Sabu gets disqualified in a title match. ECW is about hardcore, extreme wrestling...yet you can get disqualified from hitting someone with a chair? It's total B.S. And although I think this should have gone in the ECW section, this is a good topic Stingfan.

flamesoffury
08-25-2006, 05:52 PM
ECW is just a name. This really isnt ECW. It's more like WWE. Vince runs things and he will run it his way. Hence, not all hardcore matches. Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman dont call the shots anymore, etc. Vince is just trying to make more money.

DirtMerchant
10-20-2006, 03:57 AM
I think the bigger arena's wreck it as well i like the smaller rowdier crowds it makes it seem more violent

hardcoregamer16
10-20-2006, 06:36 PM
The real reason 4 the ECW matches not all being hardcore rulez is that Vince is not a fan of Hardcore wrestling which sucks cuz ECW was all about hardcore wrestling and being different then WCW and WWE. And it also sucks that Vince only sees ECW as a easy way to make money.

whoblehwah
11-05-2006, 12:37 AM
What is wrong with you people! ECW was never all about being hardcore! Heyman even said so himself. It was about the lucha libre, the technical wrestling, the talent, the passion. People just always got the wrong idea. You wat extreme wrestling, see CZW. You want good wrestling, see EC F'N W!

onetruefranchise
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
ECW WAS about being anti-establishment...that was their main draw. All they did...hardcore or not...was a basic middle finger to the WWE and WCW. But now with it being under the unmbrella of the WWE it just seems as though the magic is gone.

And no...not all matches were hardcore...but as someone who watched ECW back when it was still Eastern Championship Wrestling...they didn't have DQ's either. It might not have been completely hardcore...but it was a relaxed rule environment...as an anti-program to what was going on in the big two at the time.

gymdude48
11-19-2006, 12:04 AM
ECW isn't just hardcore anymore because WWE picked it up and wanted it to be more Tv friendly

Azurian
11-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Actually, ECW isn't hardcore at all anymore. Today it's become sports entertainment. Someone shoot Vince, pl0x.

Will
11-19-2006, 06:22 AM
do they even do 'extreme rules" matches anymore?

chandlerman
12-05-2006, 02:41 AM
yeah i thought that was pretty dumb myself

jamie66
12-15-2006, 03:02 AM
Yeah they should all be Extreme Rules.