PDA

View Full Version : FCW Superstar Makes WWE Debut RAW *SPOILER*

Travicity
01-18-2011, 05:11 AM
At the conclusion of tonight's edition of WWE RAW, Mason Ryan, the current heavyweight champion of Florida Championship Wrestling, made his on-screen WWE debut to help New Nexus leader CM Punk defeat John Cena by disqualification. Ryan attacked Cena after the bell rang and it appeared as though he would attack Punk as well, but Ryan then got down on one knee. Punk then placed a New Nexus armband on Ryan's arm.

WNS

The wrestler who hit the ring at the end of Raw and joined the Nexus is WWE developmental talent Mason Ryan (real name Barri Griffiths) who signed a developmental deal in 2009 and is the current Florida Championship Wrestling champion.

Ryan, worked the Smackdown holiday week house shows last month, was formerly a cast member in the European revival of "Gladiators" before entering professional wrestling.

Ryan, of Welsh descent, wrote the foreword for the autobiography of late European promoter Orig Williams last yea

PWI

LionDen
01-18-2011, 05:23 AM
:omg: this guy could be Batistas brother lol Below is a cap from UOWForums live coverage.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3554/97929540.jpg

Konan
01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
oh my god it batista ,,, un believable ,,

ironicicon
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
My first reaction, "Holy shit it's Batista!" I'm sure that had nothing to do with his signing. *rolleyes*

Smartmark
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
:omg: this guy could be Batistas brother lol Below is a cap from UOWForums live coverage.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3554/97929540.jpg

:omg:

That's so Batista's brother! :omg:

Thanx for the picture Lion!

Travicity
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
there's been news about on here before this is probably the closest to batista

http://wrestlingrumorsandnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/mason-ryan.jpg

Kage
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I hope they change his name. "Mason Ryan" sounds stupid.

JohnCenaFan28
01-18-2011, 08:15 PM
When I saw him come on the ropes I actually thought it was Batista lol. Then when the announcers didn't identify him as Batista, I was like "Oh it's that FCW guy that looks like Batista."

Travicity
01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Ryan Mason?

mikedudelang
01-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Dude has a good look. I think they'd be better off shortening his name to just 'Mason' but that's just my opinion. I've seen a few of his matches on FCW and while he's certainly no Flair or Steamboat in the ring, he's not awful. At a bit player in Nexus, he may work out jest fine until he gets a little more seasoning.

Finally, he kinda looks like Batista and Lance Storm got together and had themselves a baby.

Swinny
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
So... this guy IS British? How did I know that? As soon as I saw him I immediately thought he looked like a "British Batista". Some people actually look British, I guess, lol.

Metalitia
01-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Finally, he kinda looks like Batista and Lance Storm got together and had themselves a baby.

YES!

I was trying to work out who his face reminded me of and I couldn't place it until I read that. It's the eyes I think that resemble Lance Storm.

Muscular Welsh wrestler? So long as he's better than Rob Terry I reckon I'm gonna like this guy.