PDA

View Full Version : Kunis: 'Black Swan more than lesbian scene'

OMEN
01-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Mila Kunis has confessed that she sometimes feels frustrated by the amount of attention paid to a lesbian scene she shares with Natalie Portman in Black Swan.

Speaking with Pop Tarts, the actress said that while she understands why the content has sparked interest with the public, she does not want it to interfere with the audience's larger appreciation for the film.

"It's one of those things where we shot it, we did it, and you hope people walk away from the film with something else, other than just the memory of that two-minute scene," she explained.

"But it is what it is, so you can't deny it."

Asked her opinion on those critics who panned Black Swan, Kunis added: "Everyone has the right to their opinion and no-one is wrong or right. So I just don't read anything."

DS

Travicity
01-20-2011, 01:27 AM
It's not my kind of movie but I respect it and it seems pretty good for those interested in that type of Genre.

Swinny
01-20-2011, 01:42 AM
It's not my kind of movie but I respect it and it seems pretty good for those interested in that type of Genre.

That type of genre? You don't like psychological thrillers? Because that's what genre it is. People seem to think it's just some boring movie about ballet, but it's far from it. The ballet part is secondary basically, it's really a great movie that gets in your head and is actually pretty fucked up.

As far as being "more than the lesbian scene", it absolutely is. As great as that scene is, there's other scenes in the movie that are more memorable and will stick with you... like Natalie Portman's multiple masturbation scenes (kidding).

Travicity
01-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Yea ive seen bits off it but don't think it's my kind of thing tbh.

Metalitia
01-20-2011, 04:16 AM
It's got an uphill struggle to begin with here I think.

It's out soon from what Ive seen but I keep seeing "ballet movie Black Swan starring former Star Wars actress Natalie Portman" or words of similar effect.

Ballet movie with Natalie Portman? Nah that'll be a chick flick kinda film.

Ive since heard that it's anything but, however it's being mentioned initially like above meaning other will think that way and either won't go see it or go see it expecting something highly different from what it is.

Swinny
01-20-2011, 04:27 AM
It's got an uphill struggle to begin with here I think.

It's out soon from what Ive seen but I keep seeing "ballet movie Black Swan starring former Star Wars actress Natalie Portman" or words of similar effect.

Ballet movie with Natalie Portman? Nah that'll be a chick flick kinda film.

Ive since heard that it's anything but, however it's being mentioned initially like above meaning other will think that way and either won't go see it or go see it expecting something highly different from what it is.

Yeah, I know. It's the risk filmmakers take with more unconventional movies like this. Lots of people who would probably actually like it will put it off as a chick flick or something similar and the ones who do go see it because they think it's a chick flick will probably dislike it because it's anything but a chick flick. Movies have suffered in the past because of this, but there's not else that can be done. In some cases it's because the trailer is misleading, but in this case if people would actually watch the trailer, they'd know what it's actually about.