PDA

View Full Version : WWE Champion Sleeps With Title & More - Inside

JohnCenaFan28
01-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Only one word can summarize Michael Mizanin’s journey from a small midwestern town to the WWE championship.

Awesome.

“The Miz,” who frequently uses that word to describe himself on WWE Raw, now holds the most coveted title in pro wrestling, one that dates back to Buddy Rogers in 1963 and has passed through many legends of wrestling.

And he couldn’t be happier.

For more from The Miz, go to the Red Mask blog here.

“I love it. The title is something I’ve always dreamed of having. You think of Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, they all had it,” said The Miz. “And now I have it.

“There’s only been something like 40 champions, so it’s pretty cool. I still can’t get over it.”

Wrestling fans in Trenton will get a preview of The Miz’s next big title defense when he faces Randy Orton at the Sun National Bank Center on Friday night.

It’s just the latest stop in what has been a whirlwind journey for the champ.

The Miz was a character on MTV’s “The Real World,” where he first publicly announced his intentions to become a professional wrestler.

Needless to say there were skeptics.

“I had the replica plastic toy belt you get at the costume shop,” Miz said. “My castmates doubted whether it was ever going to happen for me. But I knew what I had to do to get here, and I’m living proof that if you put your mind to something, you can do it.”

The Miz was trained on the wrestling spinoff show “Tough Enough,” where he got instruction from hardcore wrestling lifers Al Snow and Bill DeMott.

After a stint in Ohio Valley Wrestling, The Miz got the call to WWE Smackdown, where he started as host of the show and later, host of the WWE’s Diva Search. He finally made his singles debut in the ring in September 2006, earning a win over WWE legend Tatanka.

After capturing the tag team titles with two different partners (John Morrison and The Big Show), The Miz struck out on his own and found plenty of success.

His charisma made him a classic wrestling villain that the crowd loved to hate, and he impressed with both his in-ring skills and his ability to chide fans and opponents alike.

Last summer, Miz won the Money in the Bank ladder match to earn a contract for a title shot, which he cashed in on Nov. 22 against Orton, who had just defended his title against Wade Barrett.

The Miz pinned Orton, sparking a media frenzy that saw him go on late night talk shows and bring plenty of non-wrestling fan attention to the new champ.

Now that he has the belt, people are taking notice.

“I’ve got this 35-pound accessory to carry around now, and it’s all people look at,” Miz said.

Regarding his prize, he added “I sleep with it like it’s a teddy bear.”

The Miz has feuded recently with Jerry “The King” Lawler, and he had a successful title defense against his former partner Morrison in a wild, “falls count anywhere” match on the Jan. 3 episode of Raw.

“That was the match of the year, maybe the match of the decade!” Miz said with pride. “I always have great chemistry with Morrison because we were tag team champs and we had (internet promo spot) The Dirt Sheet and won Slammy Awards together, so we know each other inside and out.

“There was plenty of brutality in that match, and my back and tailbone are still hurting.”

Now Orton is back in the title picture, looking to soften up The Miz before their battle at the Royal Rumble on Jan. 30.

“I feel that I am ready for Randy Orton,” Miz said. “I will win at all costs. I’ll cheat, I don’t care. I’ll do anything to keep the WWE title. People want to know who the champ is, not who the former champ is. I am coming to Trenton to steal the show like I always do.”

The Miz achieved his dream, but he doesn’t plan on slowing down on the road to possibly headlining WrestleMania.

“I had a dream to get into the WWE, and I did it,” he said. “Then I dreamed of being WWE champion, and I did that. My next dream is to be the posterchild of WWE, so that when you think WWE, you don’t think John Cena or Randy Orton, you think of The Miz.

“I did all the others. Why can’t I do this?”

Source: Trentonian

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-21-2011, 05:11 AM
he'll break it like Cannavaro did to the World Cup :shifty: