PDA

View Full Version : Clay Aiken Rooting for 16 Year Old American Idol

Travicity
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM
CLAY Aiken has been watching American Idol!

The singer — who shot to fame on the second season of the television program — says he’s been rooting for 16-year-old Victoria Huggins from North Carolina.

“I tuned in for the first time in years, because a girl that I’ve known for years was on the show,” Aiken said.

“She won in her age category, and I won in my category.

“Her mother and my mother have stayed in touch. I knew to watch last night because my mother had heard from her mother that she might be on.

“She’s that perky; she’s that happy; she’s just one of the sweetest girls in the world.

“I know that when the producers show them on TV, it comes across as if they’re trying to get the craziest parts of her, but, since she was 5 years old, as a performer, as a singer, she’s always been a pistol. She had the biggest voice when she was young. She comes from one of the sweetest families I’ve ever met, and she’s one of the sweetest girls I’ve ever met.

“If I continue to watch this, if I actually commit to watching an entire episode, I’ll get caught up in it.

“I’m a little worried that she’s on it. She made it to Hollywood, and I thought, ‘Oh, crap! Now I have to watch again, and if she gets on it, I’m going to get tied up in it and my palms are going to get sweaty every Thursday night on elimination night!’”

SS