PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Hopkins to Play Alfred Hitchcock in the 'Making of Psycho'!

Travicity
01-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Oscar-winning actor Anthony Hopkins is in talks to portray the Master of Suspense in Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho, Montecito’s adaptation of the Stephen Rebello non-fiction book. As previously reported, Sacha Gervasi, who helmed the acclaimed documentary Anvil! The Story of Anvil, is in talks to direct Hitchcock. Montecito is developing the project and will give Paramount, with which it has a pact, first crack at the project. The book, published in 1998, tracks how Hitchcock, at the height of his game as a director, decided to make a “lowly” horror movie. No studio wanted to touch it initially so Hitchcock scrounged for financing by himself. The movie, of course, became one of his biggest hits and one of the most influential of all time. At the center of the John McLaughlin (Black Swan) script is the relationship between Hitchcock and his wife Alma Reville.

Heat Vision

Swinny
01-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Hm... I'm very intrigued by this. I'm a big Anthony Hopkins fan and he can do just about anything, so I'm intrigued to see him play Hitchcock, if there is true. For most people someone jumps out at you, when they're looking for an actor to play them, but with Hitchcock... I really can't think of anyone who would fit well, so Hopkins is probably as good a fit as any.

Travicity
01-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Yea I like them both but him playing Alfred is sort of weird lol.

Swinny
01-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Yea I like them both but him playing Alfred is sort of weird lol.

Well, it is, but like I said, no one really stands out to play him, so anyone playing him would be kind of weird, really.