PDA

View Full Version : Aging Killers, Final Traps and the Tibetan Book of the Dead on Blu Ray Now

Travicity
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Aging Killers, Final Traps and the Tibetan Book of the Dead
Red, Saw 3D and Enter The Void are among this week's Blu-ray releases.

Red

What's the one thing better than seeing old people curse? Seeing old people kill people!

There's a lot of wacky geriatic antics in the fun in the over-the-top comic book movie Red. This movie exceeded expectation at the box office and somehow even got a Golden Globe nomination, so if you haven't seen it you probably should. Methinks there'll be a sequel in theaters by 2013.

And in case you are truly ageist you can focus your energies on the relatively spry Mary-Louise Parker.

Saw: The Final Chapter

It's over?

You mean my October ritual of drinking fourteen Natual Lights then seeing Saw and topping it off with the Sizzling Asian Shrimp with a side of Onion Rings at Applebee's is. . .over?

How to relive the experience? Luckily, the latest Saw picture is making its way to Blu-ray. This one sees the return of Cary Elwes (finally!) and concludes by unmasking Jigsaw's final apprentice.

Enter the Void

Enter the Void was the 2nd best motion picture of 2010 and MUST BE SEEN.

This hyper, hallucinatory story of down-and-out orphan ex-pats slumming it up in the nasty parts of Tokyo starts off as an expose of sleaze and transforms (transcends?) into the most universal story of all. Writer/Director Gaspar Noe took inspiration from The Tibetan Book of the Dead. . .and probably a whole lot o' pills, too.

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

Listen, you and I both know what type of person you are. David Fincher's version of the first installment of the Millenium Trilogy is in production now. Somebody's gotta be the guy to compare the Daniel Craig/Rooney Mara films to the original Swedish versions.

Part three, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, is out today on Blu and if it is anything like the others it's like a slightly-better-than-average Law and Order episode. Still - be that guy!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

If the idea behind this Blu-ray rerelease was to capitalize behind a groudswell of affection for Michel Gondry after the release of The Green Hornet, well, um, I'm not so sure it's gonna' work out that way.

Still, let's not hold current mediocrity against past brilliance. ESOTSM is that miracle of a film that is whacked-out and nerdy enough to engage sci-fi fans, heartfelt enough to be a romantic comedy and abounding in visual niceties to make it a true work of art. Plus, it's set in Long Island

Dead Space: Aftermath

In anticipation of Dead Space 2, the good people at Electronic Arts present this animated feature length film.

Learn the backstory of your favorite characters as you dig deeper into the tragic events of Aegis VII!!!!!

Hardcore gamers can be excused if they feel the need to grab their D-Pads while watching.

Santa Sangre

Available for the first time in the US on anything other than VHS or at a contemporary art museum, the final film from midnight movie maverick Alejandro Joderowsky is (no doubt) a disturbing mix of shocking imagery and beautiful tableaux.

I have never seen this movie. I can't wait to catch this.

The Graduate

Plastics.

UFC Ultimate Knockouts 8

Get the boyz together, put on the newest ICP album, open up a sixer of Keystone and watch UFC Ultimate Knockouts 8.

The 1080p of your HDTV will have never been put to better use as you watch grown men slither about on the canvas and wrap their legs around each other.

UGO