PDA

View Full Version : WWE Adding More Pay-Per-Views?

John
01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
WWE's Senior Vice President of Partner Sales Joe DelGrosso hosted a conference call yesterday where he announced the WWE Diva Search would be returning.

-- DelGrosso also noted that WWE would not be cutting back to 13 pay-per-view events per year as previously rumored. He noted that 13 WWE pay-per-views would be the "minimum" and hinted that they would actually be adding more.

Source - EWN.

mikedudelang
01-27-2011, 10:07 PM
they don't manage to put on but maybe 4 good ppv's a year...adding more just seems stupid. that said, if people are dumb enough to continue to pay 'em for substandard product, more power to 'em.

muzi
01-27-2011, 10:20 PM
More PPvs?????

What the f.ck?!! There are already too many if them...they should cut it down to the 4 major ones (RR, WM, SS and SS) and 3 others (HIAC but at another time of the year, King of the Ring and one other)!

Travicity
01-27-2011, 11:04 PM
If anything they should take away some so they can focus on the build up of 1 PPV instead of jamming a PPV in every 3 Weeks.

Smartmark
01-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Bring back Wargames!!!

Thanx for the post John!

Metalitia
01-27-2011, 11:55 PM
They should definitely NOT be adding more.

Bragging Rights for example is simply pointless as a PPV particularly where it's scheduled in. Just have the Bragging Rights match at Survivor Series

Smartmark
01-28-2011, 12:09 AM
^^ I like Bragging Rights :hide:

Metalitia
01-28-2011, 12:12 AM
As an entire PPV though?

JohnCenaFan28
01-28-2011, 12:54 AM
They need money duh. PPVs is what keeps the company afloat.

Metalitia
01-28-2011, 01:21 AM

They've been losing money on PPV buys compared to previous years though and a big part of the reason for that surely is because of teh overally quality decline of the PPVs.

A reason for the decline in quality can be viewed as being that there are too many of them for only a limited number of feuds due to teh draft split.

Quality over quantity.

Travicity
01-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Yea obviously for more money but if they build up a PPV or say a PPV 5 weeks or 2 months. They can make a feud red hot and make the fans dying to see it but...that was Austin/Rock, HHH/Rock, HHH/Austin and they dont have the star power or the creative team to do it anymore.

Smartmark
01-28-2011, 01:59 AM
As an entire PPV though?

I liked the first Bragging Rights PPV the best, but last years show actually had a couple of good matches. Danielson Vs Ziggler was Dynamite! :D

Metalitia
01-28-2011, 02:09 AM
I liked the first Bragging Rights PPV the best, but last years show actually had a couple of good matches. Danielson Vs Ziggler was Dynamite! :D

Not disputing the quality of what was eventually on it in parts but in terms of build up to it there was minimal and really if I had to pay for it I wouldn't have.

It's an issue I can certainly see both sides of but I just don't think they're gonna boost interest by having more PPVs with either more rushed feuds or dragging out current feuds for ages.

Cena vs Barrett has died a death, Natalya vs LayCool similarly. Even Kofi vs Dolph whilst good matches it got dull seeing the same two guys go at it more or less for 6 months.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-28-2011, 05:19 AM

PPV is a failing market for them. I don't think they will be adding anymore

Konan
01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Horrible. First off, the product coming from the WWE right now is (while it sets the bar anyways) not very good. Secondly, 12 a year is enough let alone 13 meaning at least two within an average 29-30 day span.