PDA

View Full Version : Scream 4 Update

The Mac
01-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Rumours last year suggested more than just teenagers were being eviscerated on the set of Scream 4. According to online reports, much of the script was being ripped up and revised as filming went along.

Usually that signals trouble ahead, but Emma Roberts, who joins the franchise as Neve Campbell's cousin in the sequel, says fans of Ghostface needn't be concerned.

"There were a lot of rewrites, but I think just to keep it fresh because new ideas kept coming. And seeing everyone together when you have such a big cast -- it changes things when you get everyone in the room. There were changes, but they were all for the best and all positive changes."

More harrowing for the 19-year-old actress? Having to sit through the previous three Scream instalments.

"I watched all of them before I started the movie and I was terrified. So this one, I saw the trailer and I was scared. I'm very curious to see it done because the trailer freaked me out and I was there. I can't imagine what the movie will be like."

We'll find out soon enough: The Wes Craven-directed sequel is scheduled to open in April.

COOPER, DOMINIC COOPER? Daniel Craig is locked in to return as James Bond for a third time next year. But considering Pierce Brosnan only lasted four outings and Timothy Dalton two, is it too early to talk about who might be the next 007?

If it's not, then Dominic Cooper (An Education) wouldn't mind being mentioned among possible contenders.

"Anything that can get me closer to Bond," the 32-year-old actor says during interviews at Sundance for The Devil's Double, the true story of the man forced to double as Saddam Hussein's sadistic son in the 1980s.

The topic of Bond arises as he's discussing this July's Captain America: The First Avenger, in which he plays a young Howard Stark (aka the father of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark).

"It's such fun. It's like being a kid. It's the dream I've always had of being in Back to the Future."

In the story, Stark is the inventor of the technology the titular superhero wields.

So he's like Q? "Yes, that's exactly what it is," Cooper says.

Which ties in to the Bond, of which Cooper is clearly a fan. Which 007 actor is his favourite?

"I can't say that because I've worked with two of them and may work with the present one and need to keep my options open," he says, laughing.

"They're all extraordinarily different. But the one that I suppose most reflected my childhood vision of who that man was is (Sean) Connery."

CRITICAL DIVIDE: Apparently it's fine for Kevin Smith to mock a bad movie he's made. He just doesn't like it when everyone else does too.

Last year, you may remember Smith lashed out at critics for the public spanking they gave his police comedy Cop Out, saying he'll never allow critics to screen his films in advance again.

But last weekend during the Sundance premiere of his horror thriller, Red State, Smith took a shot at the Bruce Willis movie himself.

In trying to appeal to exhibitors who might want to release Red State, which he's distributing himself, Smith said, "We won't screw you over. We won't be like, 'If you want The Dark Knight, you got to take this piece of s--- Cop Out."

Earlier as he introduced Red State, he said, "This is a hands-down horror movie -- like Jersey Girl."