PDA

View Full Version : WWE Elimination Chamber PPV Discussion Thread!- February 20th, 2011

Konan
01-31-2011, 04:58 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/852/28v6cua.jpg

Match Card

WWE Title Match
Jerry Lawler vs. The Miz

RAW Elimination Chamber
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. CM Punk
Winner gets a title shot at WrestleMania

SmackDown Elimination Chamber
Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. Wade Barrett vs. TBD

Wallpapers

http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc548/th_31701_16933290_122_548lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31701_16933290_122_548lo.jpg) http://img165.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_31769_16933296_122_110lo.jpg (http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31769_16933296_122_110lo.jpg) http://img141.imagevenue.com/loc564/th_31848_16933296_122_564lo.jpg (http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31848_16933296_122_564lo.jpg)

Konan
01-31-2011, 04:59 AM
At the very least I don't want both titles on the line in Elimination Chamber matches. Maybe for Raw it could be a #1 contenders EC match, where the winner gets added into a triple threat along with the champion and the RR winner?

Morrison vs Daniel Bryan vs Orton vs Sheamus vs CM Punk vs Barrett

Edge vs Christian vs Del Rio vs Ziggler vs Kane vs Big Show

Doubtful obviously. They love throwing 2 random guys into a Chamber match where you know they aren't going to win, I could see a Tyler Reeks or a Mark Henry,

Bazzinator
01-31-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm going with these matches for Elimination Chamber First

Randy Orton vs CM Punk (Number One Contenders Match)

Elimination Chamber RAW - The Miz vs John Cena vs John Morrison vs Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan vs Ted DiBiase (DiBiase gets taken out backstage prior to the match and Triple H returns to take his spot)

Elimination Chamber Smackdown - Edge vs Dolph Ziggler vs Kane vs The Big Show vs Kofi Kingtson vs Wade Barrett

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger/Drew McIntyre (They won't put ADR in a chamber match but will still need him on the card somewhere)

Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes

Santino and Kozlov vs Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel vs Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris

Some random Divas Match

Konan
02-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Seemingly, that would make more sense. Kelly Kelly seemed out of nowhere.

But we also have that "who attacked Teddy Long" bit that you'd assume could play somewhat into Vickie's storyline since she got to take over. Unless of course they just ditch it like Teddy and the Undertaker from a bit back.

Looks like Del Rio is announcing tonight which title he's going after at Wrestlemania. Might look odd if he says he'll face Edge, and then Edge and Ziggler still have a title match at EC

Kellie
02-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Card updated

Dragón De Muerte
02-02-2011, 02:47 PM
ziggler & edge will probably be in smackdown elimination chamber del rio V big show a possible match as well

Metalitia
02-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Really weak card atm :(

Vikingsfan88
02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Not a very interessting card, hope it gets a bit better

Hope really Awesome Kong gets her first match vs Eve at Chamber, but prob not gonna happen..

Kane to Win Smackdown elimination chamber, he is the strongest and, but i know wwe, so they prob let someone else win, WWE bs

Hopefully jo-Mo wins the raw elimination, but i guess wwe isent that smart, so i bet it stands between cena and Orton, and prob wil Cena win. and challange Miz for the title..

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Am I the only one who wants Lawler to grap the WWE Strap? :P

Travicity
02-04-2011, 06:37 AM
He could win it then lose it on RAW.

I sort of want Kong to debut at Mania now after a terrible Women's match.

Konan
02-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Hahaha good Ol Jerry Lalwer competing for the WWE Title. The RAW Chamber will be pretty good, most likely being won by Cena so he can go on to Wrestlemania and face the Miz.

Metalitia
02-05-2011, 02:23 AM
He could win it then lose it on RAW.

I sort of want Kong to debut at Mania now after a terrible Women's match.

You'll probably get the terrible womens match but whether Kong debuts or not remains to be seen :P

Ideally, Natalya and Beth will have a great match with a respectful handshake afterwards and then both getting destroyed by Kong.

Bigger statement to destroy the two strongest divas no?

Konan
02-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Not minding the SD chamber at all. Predictable for the most part, but still cool. The real question is, should we really buy that the winner would go one on vs Del Rio? IE

Kane vs Del Rio?
Ziggler vs Del Rio?
Edge vs Del Rio?
Barrett vs Del Rio?
Mysterio vs Del Rio?
McIntyre vs Del Rio?

Can't see anyone but Rey or Edge vs Del Rio, unless they toss in a triple threat.

Kage
02-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm thinking it will be Rey vs Del Rio. Edge will face McIntyre at Mania.

Swinny
02-05-2011, 10:29 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. The whole Kelly Kelly thing must be leading somewhere, so Edge vs. McIntyre would make sense.

JohnCenaFan28
02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Am I the only one who wants Lawler to grap the WWE Strap? :P

Yeah make the WWE Championship mean even less where if they let Lawler win, Miz gets rematch then takes it back... bleh. Edge obviously will win the Elimination Chamber unless Christian interferes and causes Edge to lose it to someone else, maybe Rey. Then it can be Edge vs. Christian vs. Alberto vs. Rey for the world title at WM.

Metalitia
02-07-2011, 01:18 AM

I was thinking Rey would pick up the title in the Chamber to face Del Rio but he's still hampered by an injury so would they really put their Mania hopes on him?

No way Lawler should win the title. Would weaken the WWE title even more and make Miz look even weaker and less convincing than he already does.

Cole will cost Lawler the match which leads into Lawler vs Cole at Wrestlemania.

JohnCenaFan28
02-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I was thinking Rey would pick up the title in the Chamber to face Del Rio but he's still hampered by an injury so would they really put their Mania hopes on him?

No way Lawler should win the title. Would weaken the WWE title even more and make Miz look even weaker and less convincing than he already does.

Cole will cost Lawler the match which leads into Lawler vs Cole at Wrestlemania.

I'm hoping for Lawler vs. Cole, that'd be a match I'd rather watch than Cena vs Miz.

Metalitia
02-07-2011, 01:41 AM
I really can't get amped up for either Cena/Miz or Lawler/Cole.

Konan
02-08-2011, 06:46 AM
You'll probably get the terrible womens match but whether Kong debuts or not remains to be seen :P

Ideally, Natalya and Beth will have a great match with a respectful handshake afterwards and then both getting destroyed by Kong.

Bigger statement to destroy the two strongest divas no?

nd then what do you do with Kong after that? She destroys Beth and Nat and leaves no credible opponents for her so she gets to beat up Chavo? I'd rather have Kong destroy other divas first, and build towards and eventual showdown with Beth.

coolpranav
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I think this time all the results of chamber matches are easily predictable!!!! Cena going to win Raw EC & Edge will win Smackdown EC!!!!!

Metalitia
02-11-2011, 10:54 AM
nd then what do you do with Kong after that? She destroys Beth and Nat and leaves no credible opponents for her so she gets to beat up Chavo? I'd rather have Kong destroy other divas first, and build towards and eventual showdown with Beth.

She beat them up so impressively due to the element of surprise and because they were both shattered after an impressive and exhausting match.

Ntaalya and Beth would have to work promos to get that across firmly and thus when the match against Kong comes they'll be fully fit.

Konan
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
If Triple returned in the EC match, he would be expected to win it. but If they are setting up HHH vs Undertaker then obviously zero need to put him in the EC. If they are changing their plans to put him back into the mix with Sheamus, then it could still work putting him in the match just to take Sheamus out but not win the match itself.

Metalitia
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Expecting to see Show vs Jackson on the EC card.

Konan
02-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Wonder where this is leading. Vacated the title for the Chamber match?

The WWE website is questioning whether Edge is still the World Heavyweight Champion following Friday night’s episode of SmackDown.

The “Rated R Superstar” retained the belt over Dolph Ziggler after Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews replaced Vickie Guerrero as the bout’s Special Guest Referee and made the three-count.

WWE.com published an article concerning Matthews’ involvement with the match, which teases controversy.

“And although Matthews wouldn’t divulge who gave him the authority to be a WWE Official, the WWE Universe is left to wonder if Edge is still the World Heavyweight Champion and if Matthews’ power as a WWE Official ultimately supersedes that of an angry “acting” SmackDown General Manager in Vickie Guerrero.”

The match featured a stipulation where Ziggler would automatically become the new World Heavyweight Champion if Edge attempted to use the Spear against his opponent. Edge hit the banned Spear on Ziggler two separate times during the closing moments of the match.

- Dolph Ziggler is playing up the World Heavyweight Title controversy on his Twitter. He wrote the following two messages on Saturday afternoon:

“Last night was a success! Kent State won the MAC Conference & I won the World Heavyweight Championship! Best Dolph Ziggler Day EVER!

Lubbock, Texas tonight! Come for the NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! (I may wear the title with nothing underneath, who’s gonna know?)”

No word yet if Ziggler was in possession of the World Title belt at last night’s WWE live event.

I really hope they don't vacate the belt as that would just add more dumb crap to Edge's title reigns.

Konan
02-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Expecting to see Show vs Jackson on the EC card.

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea as it would give another Corre guy something to do and would allow for the projected Nash interference.

John
02-17-2011, 05:58 PM
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2401/17032060.jpg

Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio
February 20, 2011

At WWE Elimination Chamber, Alberto Del Rio will square-off against Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston. Will the No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship continue to build momentum as he prepares to step onto the Grandest Stage of Them All? Or could there be “Trouble in Paradise”?

For the past several weeks, Kofi Kingston has been on an explosive collision course with Alberto Del Rio. On the Feb. 4 edition of SmackDown, a distraction by the Mexican aristocrat cost Kofi his Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match (WATCH). Later that night, when the high-flying Superstar came to stop his infuriated foe from attacking Hornswoggle, Del Rio attacked Kofi with a kendo stick and locked him in his devastating cross armbreaker (WATCH).

One week later, The Dreadlocked Dynamo’s animosity reached a boiling point when he delivered a retribution-laden kendo assault on his smiling adversary during Del Rio’s Valentine's Day celebration. Later that night, Del Rio showed the WWE Universe why he will headline WrestleMania, when he defeated Kingston with his destructive cross armbreaker in a non-title match (WATCH).

Can Kofi Kingston drive a fork in Del Rio’s Road to WrestleMania at WWE Elimination Chamber? Find out Sunday, Feb. 20 at 8 / 7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

Alberto has got to win this match, if WWE wants him to enter WrestleMania with any credibility. An average fan, who doesn't read the internet, has no reason to believe that Del Rio shall win his match at Mania as we've been given no reason to believe it. Alberto claims it's his "Destiny", and hasn't actually looked strong in a while. The only thing Alberto has done is attack Hornswoggle, which does build him up as a heel, but it doesn't help him with fans interest in this match. Del Rio needs to win this match.

Smartmark
02-19-2011, 05:02 PM
^^ Seriously?? :eek:

If Del Rio wins this he will hold two titles. Way to early to even give him a win at Royal Rumble, then let him win two titles as well.

Konan
02-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Of course ADR will go over but I'm just hoping it isnt a silly DQ because a Rodriguez interfering.

Konan
02-19-2011, 07:46 PM
World Heavyweight Championship: Elimination Chamber
Edge (c) vs Drew McIntyre vs Rey Mysterio vs Kane vs Wade Barrett vs Dolph Ziggler Edge

Elimination Chamber
John Cena vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton vs CM Punk vs John Morrison vs R-Truth John Cena

WWE Championship
The Miz(c) vs Jerry Lawler Miz

Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio Rel Rio

Swinny
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
^^ Seriously?? :eek:

If Del Rio wins this he will hold two titles. Way to early to even give him a win at Royal Rumble, then let him win two titles as well.

The match isn't for the Intercontinental Title. It's a non-title match, as it stands right now.

And I agree, Del Rio definitely has to go over Kingston to keep him looking strong, since he hasn't been looking that strong the last few weeks really. I hope Kingston puts up a good fight though and looks well in the process too.

Kage
02-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on who will take the last spot in the Smackdown Elimination Chamber? I want Christian to return and win the whole thing, but I doubt that will happen. Realistically it will probably be Big Show or Rhodes.

Smartmark
02-19-2011, 10:38 PM
The match isn't for the Intercontinental Title. It's a non-title match, as it stands right now.

And I agree, Del Rio definitely has to go over Kingston to keep him looking strong, since he hasn't been looking that strong the last few weeks really. I hope Kingston puts up a good fight though and looks well in the process too.

I have no problems with Del Rio winning if it's a Non-Title match. I just got the impression of that the match was a title match

Konan
02-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I really hope Miz doesn't lose his title and end up in the SD match and win the WHC, seen that before you know.

Christian would be great, but I've got a feeling that a lot of others kind of expect that. Plus its a major hit to Zigglers push not having him on the card at all.

Konan
02-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Realistically it will probably be Big Show or Rhodes.

Just seems like a waste of the storyline if they just replace Ziggler with one of those two guys. But definitely possible.

danniboi
02-21-2011, 05:01 AM
3 thoughts after that awful ppv

Miz is awesome
Cena is awful and WWE dont understand that when the crowd keeps booing someone you should stop pushing them as a face lol
and finally TNA>>>>>>>>>>>WWE x10

ironicicon
02-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Jomo got robbed. There. I said it.

Metalitia
02-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Raw Elimination Chamber
Orton vs Punk vs Truth vs Cena vs Sheamus vs Morrison 4/5
Despite not being for a title and so questionable initially of getting top billing this was the best match of the night by far. Some nice spots for Morrison. The whole thing with Punk getting stuck and RKO'd straight away only to be reinstated just seemed utterly pointless. Nice to see the crowd booing when they thought he had been eliminated though. Also booing the dull five knuckle shuffle. Good showings from all involved aside from Truth really which is pretty much how you'd expect it to go down. Predictable winner like every other match on the card though.

WWE Championship
The Miz vs Jerry Lawler 2.5/5
Just such a strange choice for the title match. Anyone with any sense and even a half decent wrestling sense hates the thought of Miz headlining Wrestlemania as champion but also is surely aware that Lawler doing so would be worse. They did well with the way they handled the build up though and credit where it is due there weren't any noticeable mistakes and the match was steady enough. Save for The Miz being thrown into Michael Cole there wasn't anything to really write home about though and considering it was a title match on PPV that's never a good sign. It simply was what it was. An average wrestler in his prime against a wiley veteran doing the best they could with what they had to work with. Can't help thinking it could have worked better away from Wrestlemania time though.

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Santino and Kozlov vs Slater and Gabriel 2/5
Thank goodness the titles are now held by a pair that look like they may become a credible a tag team. Surely done to set up a Corre vs Nexus match at 'Mania. The match felt like an after thought throughout but it was good that The Corre won more or less clean. NOthing else to say on it really.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship
McIntyre vs Kane vs Barrett vs Big Show vs Mysterio vs Edge 3.5/5
A perfect example of what sucks about having the concept as an entire PPV. Despite being for the World title the match more or less just went through the motions save for a few nice spots and false finishes. Towards the end though I was left thinking "Come on hurry up and finish" Spear in mid air is always pretty cool to see and the angle at t the end with Del Rio attacking Edge only for the returning Christian to amke teh save was great.

Alberto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston 3/5
Decent opening match although I do feel it didn't really put Del Rio over as convincingly as it perhaps should have done. He did get the win though which was important going into the final stretch of the Wrestlemania build up.

Trish Stratus coming back was interesting as far as Tough Enough goes although thank goodness she came out again later to see off LayCool as her little segment with Booker T earlier was horrible.

Vickie pleading for Ziggler to be reinstated really wasn't needed but I guess it set up Kelly's return and gave a good outlet for Trish to do something decent.

All in all I'm not sure Ive ever seen a more predictable PPV and save for the last match it's really not one I'll be rushing to buy once released.

3/5

Travicity
02-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Might get Rock as ref Cena vs Miz. Who knows maybe HBK, HHH and Taker all on RAW Tonight.