PDA

View Full Version : Robin Wright: Family Comes First

Travicity
01-31-2011, 05:51 PM
ROBIN Wright has put being a mom ahead of her Hollywood career.

The actress — who raises Dylan, 18, and Hopper, 16, with ex-husband Sean Penn — says she was so determined to focus on family life, that Hollywood stopped offering her movie roles.

“I turned down so many films because I wanted to be a mom that…they stopped -offering,” Robin told Redbook magazine.

“During my divorce, the idea of making plans felt like safety to me. But you know what? Life is just scary, all the time, but it’s joyful, too. And if you can listen to your fears, they’ll tell you where you need to be.

“Everyone has a very different experience with divorce. I was shocked by how my identity totally exploded in my hands, when I’d thought I had such a firm idea of who I was. It was hard not to know what was next on the ride.

“It’s like the high tide, low tide, right? You know it’s going to happen daily — you’re just not quite sure if the Weather Channel was accurate with the times. That’s where the unknowingness flows in and you go, Okay, I have to relax and just give over to it. Because just when you think things are great…. I mean, it’s silly, but on the way here I almost had an accident because I was rushing, mascara wand in the eye while driving.

“The minutia, it triggered the deeper fears about being grounded. I don’t ever feel that kind of fear with my career. Mine is more the personal fear — which is, Are you ever going to get over your s–t, Robin? Are you going to break your patterns? It has nothing to do with the outside: Your career, you didn’t go the star path. I’ve never had anxiety about those questions. I do believe that things happen for a reason.”

SS