PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Chuck Viane Retiring: Dave Hollis Promoted To EVP Theatrical Exhibition...

Travicity
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
BURBANK, Calif. – January 31, 2011 – Chuck Viane, president of Global Distribution for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, announced today that he will retire in July after 25 years with The Walt Disney Company.

“Chuck is one of the most knowledgeable and savvy individuals in the film industry,” said Rich Ross, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. “Throughout his distinguished career at Disney, he has proven himself to be a rare legend, deeply respected by those who have had the privilege to work with him here as well as by exhibitors and colleagues around the world.”

Coming from the exhibition arm of the industry, Viane joined Disney in 1985 and has helped shepherd the Studio’s distribution operation through rapidly changing technological and economic times, including significant international expansion. As a result, the Studio’s distribution arm reached the domestic billion-dollar plateau 13 times during his tenure, setting the stage for the Studio in 2010 to become the first to have two billion-dollar earners in the same year, with Alice in Wonderland and Toy Story 3.

“Being on the front lines at Disney over such an exciting period in the film industry has been an extraordinary experience. I’ve worked on the best projects, I’ve worked with the best people and I’m proud of the things we’ve accomplished together,” said Viane. “Now I’m looking forward to watching my grandkids grow – and maybe getting to sleep in on Sunday mornings.”

The Studio is pleased to announce that Dave Hollis has been promoted to executive vice president, Theatrical Exhibition Sales and Distribution. He will work closely with Viane over the next five months to transition oversight of the theatrical distribution function. Viane will stay on as a consultant through the middle of next year and a replacement for Hollis will be named at a later date.

“I’ve had the pleasure of watching Dave’s career thrive here at Disney and I know I am leaving the team in very capable hands,” added Viane.

A 10-year Disney veteran, Hollis was most recently senior vice president of Distribution for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International, where he was responsible for the sales and distribution operation across 70 countries, for all motion pictures released under the Walt Disney Pictures, Disneynature, Marvel and Touchstone Pictures banners. In his new role, Dave will assume responsibility for global sales and distribution of The Walt Disney Studios motion pictures, including North America and international markets. He will report directly to Bob Chapek, president of Distribution for TWDS.

DL