PDA

View Full Version : Jonah Hill Launches Production Company, Signs First-Look TV Deal With Fox

Travicity
01-31-2011, 10:05 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Multihyphenated Jonah Hill has launched his own production company, JHF. In the company's first major move, JHF has signed a first-look TV development deal with Fox. Under the deal, Fox has bought an untitled single-camera comedy spec written by Hill, which he may direct. The network will also have first rights to future JHF projects in television. “Jonah is one of the most prolific young talents in comedy today, and possesses a fearless, wickedly smart sensibility that’s perfect for FOX,” said Fox's entertainment president Kevin Reilly.

Hill is already in business with Fox. He co-created and voices the lead character in the animated comedy Allen Gregory, which has received a seven-episode order by the network for a premiere next season. The series, which Hill co-created with Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul, will be produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Chernin Entertainment and JHF. It follows an extremely accomplished 7-year-old embarking on the greatest challenge of his life: attending elementary school.

“Now I can finally make that show I’ve always wanted to make about high school kids singing and dancing in some sort of a ‘singing-club’ type program at their school. Wait...what? There already is a show like that on FOX? What? It’s like the most popular show ever? Uh oh,” Hill quipped. “I wanted to create JHF so I and all of the talented writers I know could write funny and interesting television shows that we’d love to see: Allen Gregory being the first, and hopefully many more to follow. I am a lucky guy to get to do what I do for a living, and hope to help create that opportunity for talented young writers and performers.”

DL