PDA

View Full Version : Nash Comments On Time In Tna

The Mac
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks to PWTorch.com for the following recap:

Kevin Nash addressed his decision to officially part ways with TNA after being rumored for the Main Event Mafia return angle at this week's TNA Impact TV tapings during an interview on the Pro Wrestling Report radio show on ESPN 540 Milwaukee on Monday night.

"I had four good years with those guys. I have nothing but respect for them. I wish them all the success in the world. I just hope that they're as happy - there are a lot of guys who sent me texts who said they were happy for me - so I wish my buddies down there continued success. I would love to get in a battle again someday. They were good to me. Dixie was good to me. There were some underlying financial situations that came up that were out of Dixie's hands that hurt our relationship. I have the utmost respect for TNA, for Dixie, and I have a lot of friends down there," Nash said.

Nash's statement came at the very end of the interview after "having some fun with TNA" during the rest of the interview when he made it clear he was not happy with TNA's contract offer to him.

-- On appearing in front of an NBA arena-sized crowd at the Royal Rumble on Sunday with his career coming full circle: "TNA is what it is. It's 800, 1,000 people in that studio. It's been so long since I walked out in front of that many people. I just took my time. I sat there and savored it. I said, 'This is nice.'"

-- On what TNA management may have been thinking when the WWE crowd popped for his return at the Rumble: "I'm sure they (TNA) realized they were right that they shouldn't have signed me, they should have tried to cut my pay, and they were dead-on," Nash deadpanned. "That mindset has proven to be effective and to me, it solidifies they're on top of their game."

Nash added another dig on the financial aspect, saying facetiously that a wrestler shouldn't sign a contract with a pro wrestling company if the pay is less than Social Security benefits he'll receive when he turns 60 next decade.

-- Regarding Ric Flair's situation in Europe where TNA left him behind after he temporarily pulled out of the tour because management wouldn't give him a cash advance, Nash was critical of how TNA handled the situation.

"You're supposed to be a team. That's Ric Flair. You don't leave someone stranded some place. Some of management staying in big hotels were doing a lot of shopping, but you don't leave Ric Flair anywhere," Nash said.

"I don't care what he's done or what he's said, he's earned the right to - you make sure Flair gets where he's supposed to be. You don't leave him stranded in the middle of Europe."

-- Not brought up during the interview was whether Nash had any form of an agreement with TNA to return to the company for the Main Event Mafia angle before he returned to WWE on Sunday.

Vick Diesel
02-02-2011, 06:03 AM
-- Regarding Ric Flair's situation in Europe where TNA left him behind after he temporarily pulled out of the tour because management wouldn't give him a cash advance, Nash was critical of how TNA handled the situation.

"You're supposed to be a team. That's Ric Flair. You don't leave someone stranded some place. Some of management staying in big hotels were doing a lot of shopping, but you don't leave Ric Flair anywhere," Nash said.

"I don't care what he's done or what he's said, he's earned the right to - you make sure Flair gets where he's supposed to be. You don't leave him stranded in the middle of Europe."

I totally agree with what Nash stated! Ric Flair has been in pro-wrestling longer than all of the upper management combined...just shows that the management only cares about one thing...THEMSELVES! :pms: