PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Booker T's Role In WWE and Booker T feud dropped

The Mac
02-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Booker T is the newest member of the Smackdown broadcast crew along with Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.

WWE taped this week's Smackdown tonight from the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Long Island, New York.

-----

Following Booker T’s well received performance at the Royal Rumble, creative broached a three-week program between the returning Superstar and King Sheamus. The idea, however, was quickly dropped.

Metalitia
02-02-2011, 03:01 AM
Hmmm. GM to replace Long would've been my guess but then again Vickie as a heel in charge works better currently.

Poor old Stryker :(

Swinny
02-02-2011, 03:08 AM
So... they're replacing Striker? Why? I don't understand it, he's the best commentator they got. Booker on the broadcast team should be great though.

Metalitia
02-02-2011, 03:10 AM
So... they're replacing Striker? Why? I don't understand it, he's the best commentator they got. Booker on the broadcast team should be great though.

If they're to be believed then there's been numerous reports of confrontations/issues stemming from Cole and Lawler disliking him. Last in/first out.

I quite like him personally also.

A Blissful Ass
02-02-2011, 03:37 AM
imo i'd keep Stryker & get rid of Cole or Mathews

Kage
02-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Booker on commentary. That's awesome.

Relapse
02-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Ah, I would rather see Booker on RAW. He can still perform just as well as any of the younger talent.

wwe9112
02-02-2011, 04:59 AM
I think McMahon just did that and Signed Nash and Sting to put a whole in Bischoffs(SP?) MEM plans. He's saying pay back for the hell during the war in the 90s lol.

Swinny
02-02-2011, 05:03 AM
I think McMahon just did that and Signed Nash and Sting to put a whole in Bischoffs(SP?) MEM plans. He's saying pay back for the hell during the war in the 90s lol.

I highly doubt McMahon even watches TNA or knows anything that's going on there.

wwe9112
02-02-2011, 05:09 AM
I highly doubt McMahon even watches TNA or knows anything that's going on there.

I bet he does... He has to see what the competition is going on... Sure TNA isn't even close to the size of WWE, however, they are the 2nd biggest in the country so he probably watches or atleast reads up on them or something to see what they are putting on... I'm sure he and Eric still have some beef, along with Hogan so even if it wasn't for competition it would be to see how they are doing on their new shows.

A Blissful Ass
02-02-2011, 07:49 AM
More:

Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the SmackDown announce team at tonight's SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York, replacing Matt Striker. The team now consists of the returning Superstar, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.
He performed the "Spin-a-Roonie" in the ring before joining his new colleagues at the announce desk.

As reported earlier, Booker T returned to World Wrestling Entertainment to announce as well as wrestle. His new role with the company is being compared to that of Jerry Lawler's since he announces and wrestles.

Booker T, along with Kevin Nash, returned to WWE Sunday to participate in the 40-Man Royal Rumble Match. He entered the battle royal at number twenty-one and was ultimately eliminated by Mason Ryan.

The six-time world champion reportedly signed a long-term contract with the organization.

WI

The Mac
02-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Following Booker T’s well received performance at the Royal Rumble, creative broached a three-week program between the returning Superstar and King Sheamus. The idea, however, was quickly dropped.

A Blissful Ass
02-02-2011, 01:45 PM
i predicted this was going to happen i'm glad it's not TBH

Vikingsfan88
02-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Well that's kinda good, hope he gets a feud with someone else.. like one of the nexsus guys, since thye worked together to throw him out,

B-T vs Punk f.eks :P

Dragón De Muerte
02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
I want to see booker T work with hornswoggle.....mini spinarooney :D

mikedudelang
02-02-2011, 05:27 PM
With the pop he got, you could pretty much put him in a short program w/ anyone.

mikedudelang
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I bet he does... He has to see what the competition is going on... Sure TNA isn't even close to the size of WWE, however, they are the 2nd biggest in the country so he probably watches or atleast reads up on them or something to see what they are putting on... I'm sure he and Eric still have some beef, along with Hogan so even if it wasn't for competition it would be to see how they are doing on their new shows.

While I agree McMahon knows all about TNA and also believe he snaked Nash and Booker from 'em to screw up their MEM plans, no way does he consider them any competition. McMahon could open his wallet and buy TNA today, if that's what he wanted to do. Honestly, I think he just uses TNA to do some of the heavy lifting with regards to getting wrestlers ready for the big time.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-06-2011, 11:52 AM

Striker is horrible. How can you say he's the best commentator? He fucks up a lot and rambles nonsense facts that are not even true

McMahon watches TNA.......... for lulz :shifty:

JohnCenaFan28
02-06-2011, 03:00 PM

Vince's people probably watch TNA/read wrestling news sites for him but I doubt he knows the storyline and build that TNA really has going in. Matt Striker was one of my favourite announcers when he was on ECW but then he started to get bad fast but lately he was decent and I liked Cole/Josh/Striker as a combination but he was the weakest of them.

jedi71
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
a booker shemous program would have been cool to see.