PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Gervais Says Golden Globes Have Invited Him Back To Host For 3rd Time

Travicity
02-02-2011, 03:02 AM
That’s according to Ricky Gervais himself, who’s written up a diary of his “mad week” presenting the Golden Globes in today’s Brit magazine Heat. First, he claims the Golden Globes have invited him back to host. “The organisers asked me to consider a third year. I don’t think I should. I don’t know what I could do better. I certainly couldn’t get more press for them, that’s for sure,” Gervais says. He claims the Hollywood Foreign Press Association want him back because this year's Golden Globes U.S. ratings went up again -- although in truth they drew 17 million which rose only slightly from last year. Gervais has said he wasn’t sorry for anything he’d said and that the HFPA should not have hired him if it did not want to offend anybody. “The question is always, ‘Did Ricky go too far?’” Gervais writes. “And the answer is always, ‘No.’ I have yet to find anyone who was actually offended by it.” But Gervais also fleshed out what he'd previously revealed on Conan: how he wanted to open the Golden Globes by coming out dressed as Adolf Hitler. His plan was to walk slowly to the podium, let the gasps die down, and say, “Too much?” He was going to awkwardly peel off the moustache, look round the room, and say, “Wrong crowd.” Beat. Then he would say, “That’s the last time I borrow a suit from Mel Gibson.”

DL