PDA

View Full Version : Springsteen denies split rumours

OMEN
08-30-2006, 09:10 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42024000/jpg/_42024828_springandwifeap203.jpg
Springsteen and Scialfa were married in 1991

Rock star Bruce Springsteen has denied reports that he has split with his wife, singer Patti Scialfa.

An article in the New York Post last week suggested Springsteen had separated from Scialfa, a singer with his E Street Band and wife of 18 years.

On his official website, Springsteen described the speculation as "unfounded and ugly rumours".

"Our commitment to one another remains as strong as the day we were married," he added.

"We have built a beautiful family we love and want to protect."

Impromptu concert

Springsteen's statement stressed that he was hesitant to use his website for "anything personal," but he believed the rumours "shouldn't pass without comment."

"Patti and I have been together for 18 years - the best 18 years of my life," said the 56-year-old star, whose best-known albums include Born To Run and The Rising.

The New York Post claimed that Springsteen had been spending time with a widow of the 11 September attacks in New York, and alleged that he and his wife were "separated, but everyone has been sworn to secrecy".

However, other reports on Friday suggested he and his wife had been seen shopping for antiques in Red Bank, New Jersey - and gave a five-minute concert when they found an old guitar and mandolin.

As well as her work with Springsteen's E Street Band, 53-year-old Scialfa has recorded two albums of her own. The couple have three teenage children.

BBC

Kellie
08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Thay have been married for 18 years? :eek: gawd, dont I feel old