PDA

View Full Version : C.M. Punk recalls his backyard wrestling days

John
02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
WWE star C.M. Punk appeared on the 93X Half-Assed Morning Show on Thursday to hype Friday's WWE live event in Minneapolis. The hosts recalled Punk working in the West St. Paul Armory over ten years ago. "I wrestled there, god, this is over ten years ago," Punk said. "I wrestled there once a month. The place was very kind to me."

The hosts asked Punk about his Chick Magnet persona. He said he and his friends would get pumped up watching WWE pay-per-views that they went out in the backyard and wrestled. "That's actually how I got into wrestling, Punk said. "I didn't know of any wrestling schools or being trained or anything like that... It was the equivalent of me wanting to host a radio show and talking into tape recorder or something like that. I just went out and did it."

Punk said he didn't get a lot of support when he started in the business. He said it was hard to explain going to wrestle a show in Indiana at a bar in front of two people and not getting paid for it. "That's what you do to pay your dues," Punk said.

One of the hosts put over the storylines and how great they've always been. Punk laughed and said, "Well, I wouldn't go that far," which drew big laughs from longtime wrestling fan and show host Nick Born. You can listen to the interview at 93X.com.

Source - DotNet.

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 04:33 AM
So he is Straight Edge and used to Backyard Wrestle? :eek:

How pathetic.....

Swinny
02-04-2011, 04:36 AM

How pathetic.....

How in the hell does being Straight Edge have anything to do with backyard wrestling?

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 04:37 AM
^^ Both things are pathetic imo :shifty:

Swinny
02-04-2011, 04:39 AM
^^ Both things are pathetic imo :shifty:

Someone making a decision not to use drugs is pathetic? How?

And lots of guys get started in backyard wrestling, nothing pathetic about that either.

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 04:42 AM
^^ My opinion. Enjoy life! As it's short!

I know many wrestlers did that. Some of them are my favorites. I still think it's pathetic

Kage
02-04-2011, 04:46 AM

How pathetic.....

The only pathetic thing here is the way you think. You ride the Indy's dick and say backyard wrestling is pathetic? You dont think any of your Indy heroes have ever done any backyard wrestling? And StraightEdge is pathetic? I can see why you would think that, considering your high as hell and can't think straight.

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 04:47 AM
^^ And you obviously don't read what I write....

Travicity
02-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Straight Edge isnt pathetic I am straight edge lol. Yea have fun but if you have that type of fun then it will be for a shorter time in life than those who choose not to do drugs etc.

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 05:05 AM
^^ Youre not a straight edge Travis. Admins shouldn't lie :no:

Travicity
02-04-2011, 05:09 AM
All got opinions SM you said you're so Kage responded with his :wink:

also yes I am I have only ever drunk 6/8 cans of beer.

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 05:14 AM
^^ I know, that's why I was trying to tell him. It would be a lame forum if everyone agreed. Wouldn't be much discussions :P

And yeah sure Travis, I believe you on the beer thing :shifty:

Travicity
02-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Hardyz wrestled in the backyard sm but you didnt mind that?.

Metalitia
02-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Straight Edge isn't for me at this point in my life but each to their own.

Backyard wrestling by and large is often garbage and just setting up some stupid stunts rather than wrestling. Having said that at times some do try and wrestle.

The former comment is really an opinion on the stereotype of backyard wrestling.

Just wrestling in a backyard though is nothing wrong with that. I mean fuck, it's a lot of fun after all :P

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-05-2011, 07:23 AM
^^ I know, that's why I was trying to tell him. It would be a lame forum if everyone agreed. Wouldn't be much discussions :P

And yeah sure Travis, I believe you on the beer thing :shifty:

Yeah sure its more like if people don't agree with you then you make stupid rants and call them a hater.

Life's short so get high that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard