PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Speaks On Booker T & Nash To WWE, Future

A Blissful Ass
02-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Kurt Angle recently did an interview with MMA reporter Mauro Ranallo for The Fight Show yesterday. The full interview is available at Radio.TheScore.com. Here are some highlights:
TNA Contract Expiring: "My contract's up in August. I'm going to keep the option open. I like TNA. I like being there. I like that the company has built the last four-and-a-half years since I've been there. I don't have any plans of leaving, but I don't think Kevin Nash and Booker T had plans of jumping either."

Kevin Nash & Booker T Jumping Ship To WWE: "They were actually, until a couple days before the (Royal) Rumble, signed with TNA. In essence, they asked for their release at the last second and TNA gave them their wish. I'm going to do what's best for Kurt Angle and they've treated me well here."

The Current TNA Roster: "We have a stacked roster. We can't put everybody on a TV show. So, you're not seeing a lot of the talent week after week. I think they're going to have to be more consistent about keeping the top talent in there."

WI

mikedudelang
02-05-2011, 06:08 AM
The Current TNA Roster: "We have a stacked roster. We can't put everybody on a TV show. So, you're not seeing a lot of the talent week after week. I think they're going to have to be more consistent about keeping the top talent in there."

WI

TNA really needs another hour of programming somewhere during the week to showcase more of their quality workers. They have every bit as good a roster as the WWE, just don't have the time slots to show 'em all off.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-05-2011, 07:14 AM
^^ They need to solidify Impact first

tapout
02-05-2011, 08:48 AM
They need less talk and more wrestling. Used to be one of the main reasons I liked TNA over WWE - lots more wrestling. That is gone. I understand you need to keep up story lines but too much extra talk. Do we really need to see garbage like "icing"?

DUKE NUKEM
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
an extra 30 mins would not hurt in my view thanks for the post Mat

mikedudelang
02-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Another hour of programming would allow another 4 matches per week on TV. That allows for another 8 or more wrestlers per week to get their talents over with fans. Impact is as solidified as it's gonna be. They've got their main roster and main storylines set. Another show could keep quality guys like Ink Inc. and Jay Lethal in televised storylines.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-06-2011, 11:40 AM
They have Xplosion which feature 2-3 matches and rarely expand storylines. Impact needs improving because a 1.1 every week will not take them anywhere

mikedudelang
02-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Xplosion isn't on in the U.S. That's why is doesn't further storylines.

Metalitia
02-07-2011, 02:06 AM
The logical step then would be to start showing Xplosion in the States as well and have it basically like Heat used to be before the draft split in WWE.

Broadcast it on a Sunday so it can act as a lead into PPVs. 2/3 decent matches featuring those without storylines. Amazing Red, Daffney, etc and have a recap of the big storyline from Impact.

Crucially of course, broadcast it on a non cable network if at all possible.