PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Released Nash

John
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM
- Dave Meltzer reports that Kevin Nash actually signed a contract with TNA in January but Dixie Carter signed his release on the Friday morning before WWE's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

NoDQ

What the hell? Why would Dixie release a star that she had big plans for? That's like Alberto Del Rio being released a few days before WrestleMania.. It wouldn't make sense and neither does this.

The Mac
02-07-2011, 05:55 PM
i think this story is fake...no way she is that dumb

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Well its good for TNA that Nash and Booker went to WWE they can now push the younger guys. As for his release well I'm not sure if he was signed in the first place

DUKE NUKEM
02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
i think nash just wanted a bigger pay check, thanks for the post John

mikedudelang
02-07-2011, 07:52 PM
If I recall, Nash said Bischoff was actually the one who he spoke to about his release. Nash has since said that Dixie "would have signed off on it" had he asked her.

Swinny
02-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't really say it was stupid, if she did release him. Nash admitted he was under contract at the time, so obviously he was released somehow. But, if she knew he wanted to go to WWE and wasn't going to want to be in TNA anyway, what would be the point of keeping him around against his will, basically?

The Mac
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't really say it was stupid, if she did release him. Nash admitted he was under contract at the time, so obviously he was released somehow. But, if she knew he wanted to go to WWE and wasn't going to want to be in TNA anyway, what would be the point of keeping him around against his will, basically?

because she had to know he was gonna get a huge pop and it would damage tna

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
because she had to know he was gonna get a huge pop and it would damage tna

it wouldn't damage TNA how the hell will it damage TNA? If anything if she did indeed "release him" its by far the best business move she's made since she took over as TNA owner

The Mac
02-07-2011, 08:19 PM
everyone knew MEM was coming back..letting them both go shows she has little credibility in the wrestling world

if there was no MEM coming back, releasing nash woulda been a great decision

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-07-2011, 08:25 PM
MEM doesn't have to be about Nash and Booker. Had they been coming after 1 year it might have meant something but Nash and Booker haven't been away for long. Also, sure it makes TNA look stupid but it is a blessing in disguise

Vick Diesel
02-08-2011, 04:14 AM
MEM doesn't have to be about Nash and Booker. Had they been coming after 1 year it might have meant something but Nash and Booker haven't been away for long. Also, sure it makes TNA look stupid but it is a blessing in disguise

For a change I actually agree with Gunner..MEM really doesn't need Booker and Nash, and if memory serves me correctly none of the talent ever really liked working with Booker and all Nash has done since he left TNA was run them into the ground verbally...also, there is a huge possibility from other threads that TNA is looking to signing Rick Steiner and some others...so the MEM storyline could still happen, esp when/if Sting comes back! Just a thought

The Olympic Chick
02-08-2011, 04:18 AM
I'm glad Nash was granted his release. I don't want him on my TV. Give me more of the young talent who can actually go in the ring.

Vick Diesel
02-08-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm glad Nash was granted his release. I don't want him on my TV. Give me more of the young talent who can actually go in the ring.

Agreed