PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair ESPNews Recap - Says He Spoke w/WWE to get the Replica Belt

Travicity
02-07-2011, 10:33 PM
As reported earlier, Ric Flair appeared on ESPNews to discuss Aaron Rodgers wearing a replica of WWE's World Heavyweight Championship belt. The host noted that the belt was closely associated to Flair who said the belt was presented to him in 1985 by Jim Crockett. Flair also noted that the belt replaced the NWA title that he had previously wore.

Flair mentioned his relationship with Packers linebackers coach Kevin Greene and raved about Aaron Rodgers' play in the Super Bowl. He also mentioned that he had spoke with two WWE company officials who sent a pair of title belts to Greene, one of course which went to Rodgers.

Flair also mentioned that he lost a $100 bet with TNA Champion Ken Anderson. Flair was pulling for the Packers, but made the bet as Anderson was such a big fan of them.

Vick Diesel
02-08-2011, 04:26 AM
hmm have to wonder if that's the belt that TNA is going to use to replace Jeff Hardy's.. I honestly hope not!

mikedudelang
02-08-2011, 04:56 AM
hmm have to wonder if that's the belt that TNA is going to use to replace Jeff Hardy's.. I honestly hope not!

Flair didn't get the belts, Kevin Greene got 'em.

Vick Diesel
02-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Flair didn't get the belts, Kevin Greene got 'em.

I could care less who got em, just don't want to see that ex WWE belt in TNA lol