PDA

View Full Version : Cowell Wants Scherzinger on X Factor

Travicity
02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
SIMON Cowell reportedly wants Nicole Scherzinger on the judging panel of the US X Factor.

The 32-year-old singer impressed the music and TV mogul with her guest appearance on the UK version of the pop star search show last year and he is keen for her to take part in his new project.

She is set to join him and Cheryl Cole — who is heavily ruptured to have landed a spot, despite TV bosses being worried the British singer may not appeal to American audiences — with the fourth judge still unknown.

However, talk of the former Pussycat Doll’s possible arrival has apparently got Cheryl worried she will be eclipsed by her if they do work together on the series.

“Cheryl’s been straight with Simon but suddenly people aren’t returning her calls,” a source said. “She doesn’t want to get into a put-up scrap with Nicole with Simon playing the puppet master.”

Although he wants Nicole, Simon still hasn’t made a final decision on the line-up and his stalling is said to be concerning TV chiefs who want the judging panel to be signed off.

So far he is said to have offered and withdrawn a spot to Jennifer Lopez, who is now on rival American Idol, and has also considered former Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland and Katy Perry.

“His indecision is final,” a source said. “But he’s making us very nervous.”

Yesterday, some details of the show were unveiled in a trailer for the new series.

The biggest news is that children from the age of 12 will be able to compete and the winner will receive a $5 million record deal.

“I like the idea that a 12 year old on this show can compete with an older singer and a singing group, I’ve never believed there should be a cut-off age for talent, and we are going to put our money where our mouths are with the $5 million recording contract,” Simon said.

“I’m doing this show in America because I genuinely believe we can find a superstar.”