PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp Excited to Play Tonto

Travicity
02-09-2011, 04:40 PM
JOHNNY Depp says he’s “really excited” about starring in the new Lone Ranger movie.

The Hollywood heartthrob has been meeting with his old Pirates of the Caribbean producer Jerry Bruckheimer about a new version of the cowboy hero.

“I’m really excited about it,” says Johnny who would play the Lone Ranger’s Native American sidekick Tonto.

“It looks like it’s going to happen and it’s going to be really good I think. It’s a huge project.”

Depp — who has children Lily-Rose, 11, and eight-year old Jack with long-term partner Vanessa Paradis – recently revealed he wants to “run away” from modern life.

“Sometimes I’d like to run away screaming from our technology-obsessed world, the invasive media, the madness of reality TV,” he said.

“We’ve lost touch with the simple things of life. We’re losing our individuality.”

Johnny, 47, lives in the south of France with his family, but he and Vanessa, 38, own a Caribbean island where they can retreat for some privacy, which the actor says is crucial to keep him sane.

“The island might sound extravagant but I need somewhere I can breathe easily or just sit around and chat without someone taking my picture,” he said.

SS