PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Pulled From UFC 130 Fight

Swinny
02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
EXCLUSIVE – Thaigo Silva pulled from his UFC 130 bout with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson due to steroids
February 11, 2011 All MMA News, Exclusives, UFC 3 Comments

MMABay has been able to EXCLUSIVELY confirm that top rated light heavyweight, Thiago Silva will not be squaring off with former champion, Quinton “Rampage Jackson at UFC 130 on May 28th in Las Vegas, Nevada, with the promotion officially informing the parties involved just yesterday.

A source close to the UFC confirmed the news to MMABay just minutes ago, adding the fighter has tested positive for steroids. There had been some confusion after the Nevada State Athletic Commission failed to name the fighter under investigation, as well as Silva claiming one of two tests had come back clean.

Silva is likely to suffer a fine and a hefty suspension if his legal beagles can’t come up with some evidence to prove his innocence when he goes in front of the commission later this year. Stay tuned to MMABay for more on this story as it breaks.

By Michael Pepper.

Blade
02-12-2011, 02:30 AM
It's fine, he probably wouldn't make weight anyway.

In all seriousness though, it's a shame. I was looking forward to the sure-fire stand up battle between the two. I think this would have gone 3 rounds due to Rampage being gunshy at times. However, on the flip side, Silva has great power and could catch Rampage, although Rampage has a hell of a chin. Word going around that Hamill is replacing him. It should be a good fight, Hamill will definitely try to take it down to te ground and ground and pound him, perhaps even go for the submission. This will most likely be the co-main event. No qualms about this, though.

Swinny
02-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Yeah, I heard about the Hamill thing, but apparently Rampage declined that fight, so we'll see. I really wouldn't want to see that fight anyway, I don't see Hamill standing a chance against Rampage. Silva would have provided a great stand-up fight though and I was looking forward to that one. They'll probably end up doing Rampage-Rashad II, which I'm not really sure I'd wanna see...

Blade
02-12-2011, 02:48 AM
The sole reason they're doing Rampage/Rashad is for the big buyrate it's sure to produce. I'm in agreeably with you, though. Their first fight was not great by any means, a few flurries here and there, but nothing worth mentioning. I think the Hamill fight is interesting enough. Although, if I were Rampage, I would just wait for 6 weeks to see what happens with Bones/Shogun. No point doing a fight when you're pretty much next in line for a title shot anyway.

Vick Diesel
02-12-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm highly disappointed in Silva...I was looking forward to seeing his bout against Rampage Jackson that match would've been the highlight of the entire PPV, why guys do Steroids when they know they're gonna get caught due to drug testing is just mind boggling to me!