PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Wax: 'Leaving TV was like death'

John
02-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Ruby Wax has admitted that she found it hard to cope when her TV work dried up.

The comedian confessed that her depression made it difficult to work and described starring in reality TV shows as "humiliating".

"TV had always been my ambition, so leaving was a death," she told the Daily Mail. "If I don't do anything I go berserk. I can't just sit and read a book. I also have to support my kids. Ed works but he's a BBC director. Need I say more? If we were in LA we'd be laughing.

"I started to feel as if I had two lives. Graham Norton, if you could wake him up at 2am, he'd still be Graham Norton. You could wake me up at 2am and I wasn't the person on TV. I was an introvert. I am funny, but if I'm not switched on, or I don't like the person, it won't come.

"If I interviewed somebody who was on Big Brother I'd just cry. I couldn't fake it. It just didn't happen. Then you could see my face on TV and it wasn't good. On the shark show [Celebrity Shark Bait] the way they edited it was humiliating and then I did a circus show and that was humiliating for me."

Wax discusses her story in her new stage show Losing It, which opens on February 15 at the Menier Chocolate Factory, London.

Source - DS.