PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Might Have Been Led By ..

LionDen
02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
WWE officials considered John Morrison, Randy Orton and Sheamus as potential leaders for the new Nexus before Vince McMahon decided on CM Punk as the leader.

Vince is very high on the new Nexus right now and everyone who matters behind the scenes is praising the group since the changes were made.

Officials had wanted to remove Wade Barrett as the leader going back into late Summer of 2010.

WNZ

The Mac
02-18-2011, 08:13 AM
tbh i dont think they woulda worked as leaders

orton: already led a failed group, and just doesnt fit into his gimmick

JoMo: not heel enough or believable to control a power group

shemaus: might have worked but he is in hot water with management

Swinny
02-18-2011, 10:36 AM
John Morrison? I don't see that working at all. Orton maybe, but it'd just end up as another Legacy. Sheamus could have worked, still being a newer guy himself, but Punk is definitely the best choice and I'm glad that's the route they went.

A Blissful Ass
02-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Would of been cool if it was Orton & Nexus got renamed The Vipers

Konan
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
orton the lead martial

Travicity
02-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Lol wow 3 of my favourites all working together would of been awesome. but do like where it is now. But wow would of loved that.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Orton's inherent lack of charisma would have killed it. Sheamus would have made storyline sense and Morrison well would have been interesting to see that although he can't talk so yeah

ironicicon
02-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Punk's the perfect choice, obviously.

Dragón De Muerte
02-18-2011, 08:57 PM
punks perfect choice but why was miz not a contender would have made more sense than other 3 candidates

John
02-18-2011, 10:43 PM
CM Punk is the best choice out of those listed. Morrison would be an awful idea as the Leader as he hardly shows any personality and his charisma level is ridiculously low. Plus, I don't believe that anyone thinks of him as a credible heel. He was a great heel with Melina, but the lack of a sidekick there (Melina used her personality to get Nitro over), he's just got his wrestling ability.

Sheamus would be an Okay idea, but Im still not sold. Sheamus seems to have a lack of things to do, except for wrestle the same guys such as Morrison and Orton. I think WWE should contemplate moving Sheamus to SmackDown, perhaps turning him face, and give him a push. Sheamus was a guy that, last year, I really thought was a guy who would be in the main event for years to come, but WWE have decided to place a ridiculous dress on him.

Orton leading Nexus would be a pretty cool idea, but WWE need him as a stone-cold style face. Orton is a guy who doesn't show too much emotion, but can go from calm and collected to striking at any given moment. WWE are using the RKO are a Stunner-type move, which can hit you at any moment.

Punk works, especially considering his style is similar to Jericho's heel character of 08 where he spoke calmly and slowly and he was a credible heel.

02-19-2011, 02:20 AM
ty

Swinny
02-19-2011, 02:23 AM
4033, think you can contribute more than just two letters? Thanks.

LionDen
02-20-2011, 03:57 AM
I would have loved to have seen Orton run them but having CM Punk do it has been great, it suits him, he seems like the type of guy who needs a group behind him .. :omg: has the WWE placed that image in my head? Maybe I can't see Punk as a singles champ anymore without getting help lol

Swinny
02-20-2011, 04:02 AM
I would have loved to have seen Orton run them but having CM Punk do it has been great, it suits him, he seems like the type of guy who needs a group behind him .. :omg: has the WWE placed that image in my head? Maybe I can't see Punk as a singles champ anymore without getting help lol

During his second title reign he did quite well by himself. Punk is really the type of heel that can work well whether he is by himself or in a group. He seems to have heel tactics for any situation, really.

LionDen
02-20-2011, 05:33 AM
During his second title reign he did quite well by himself. Punk is really the type of heel that can work well whether he is by himself or in a group. He seems to have heel tactics for any situation, really.

This is true, he reminds me of Eddie Guerrero and his tactics but I personally just don't like Punk by himself anymore.

A Blissful Ass
02-20-2011, 09:46 AM
This is true, he reminds me of Eddie Guerrero and his tactics but I personally just don't like Punk by himself anymore.
Same but i knew they would give him a new group to run wild with