PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Love and Winter Angle

Marshall Mathers
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
After the past few weeks of Winter being obsessed with Angelina Love I have come to the realization that this angle sports a extreme similarity with the Mickie James Trish Stratus lesbian angle. In the Mickie Trish angle Mickie was obsessed with Trish and Trish didn't know what to do with her until Ashley Massaro got involved and hated Mickie and Mickie hated her. this is incredibly similar to Velvet Sky and Winter's mutual hatred for each other and Winter trying to pry Angelina from Velvet. I was just wondering if you guys thought maybe the same thing or if you think i'm reaching for straws? What do you think?

Swinny
02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah, you could definitely make that comparison. I really liked the storyline at the beginning, with Winter being a "ghost" and all that, lol. That was interesting and original, but yeah now it's just pretty much the same old crap.

danniboi
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
yeah but winter still has a secret interest in angelina I doubt it would be lesbian love because it would be too obvious but then again russo letsd us down a fair bit lol

W-OLF
02-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Seven Year Rule
A gimmick or storyline may be reused freely and safely after seven years of dormancy.

Coined by Professional Wrestling promoter, writer, on-air personality, and general jack-of-all-trades Jim Cornette, the Seven Year Rule is the unwritten pro wrestling rule that, after seven years, there has been enough turnover in the fanbase that a writer can re-use the same gimmicks and storylines with impunity.

As the theory goes, any wait shorter than seven years may result in fans noticing the rehashing, and calling the promotion on the re-use. After that, a few diehard longtime fans may notice and become upset, but almost everybody will accept the product as new.

This is because of a relatively Fleeting Demographic. The average wrestling federation tends to get heavy turnover in its fanbase — new fans discover the product, and old fans get fed up or move on. That makes this possible.

The general principle applies to any work that is enough of a Long Runner to outlast most of its initial fanbase.

During the Silver Age of comics, the writers assumed that there would be enough turnover in their readership over a number of years that they could reuse plots and storylines indefinitely. This is particularly noticeable in the old Superman family books; Jimmy Olsen, for instance, became a wolfman several times. The turnover often took significantly less then seven years, and sometimes as little as one year, because the editors and publishers believed that their demographic was kids ages 9-11 — which would make a two-year turnover safe — and that their demographic rarely read comics frequently enough to notice the repetition. They also believed that even if they did read them often, they wouldn't notice). This has been turned away from in recent times because comics are now written by people Running The Asylum, people who love continuity; if they make events repeat, then they'll eventually come up with a metaplot to explain it.

World Wrestling Entertainment (2005–2010)
[edit] Trish Stratus' fan (2005–2006)
James at a Raw live event

James debuted in WWE on the October 10, 2005 episode of Raw, continuing to use her real name, under the gimmick of WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus' biggest fan.[2][27][28] The angle had the two WWE Divas competing together in tag team matches, with James' character becoming increasingly obsessed with Stratus.[29][30][31] The storyline included a Halloween Costume Contest in which James was dressed like Stratus and helped Stratus retain the Women's Championship in a Fulfill Your Fantasy Battle Royal at Taboo Tuesday by eliminating herself and Victoria at the same time.[32][33] She even began utilizing Stratus' signature finishing moves as her own during matches. James became the number one contender for the Women's Title on December 12 by defeating Victoria in a match to determine who would face Stratus at New Year's Revolution.[34] Subsequently, the storyline between James and Stratus developed into a lesbian angle after James had a very sexy kiss with Stratus under a sprig of mistletoe.[2][12][35] In the championship match at the pay-per-view, James lost to Stratus but continued to be enamored of her the next night on Raw, and she confessed her love for Stratus at the Royal Rumble.[12][36]

On March 6, 2006 the storyline had Stratus confronting James, telling her that they needed time apart from each other.[2][12][37] The duo teamed together at the March 18, 2006 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event to defeat Candice Michelle and Victoria. After the match, James agreed to honor Stratus' wishes and attempted to kiss her. After Stratus pushed her away, James' character made a complete heel turn by attacking Stratus in the ring and later vowing to destroy her.[2][12][38] The two women wrestled each other at WrestleMania 22, where James won the match to claim her first reign as Women's Champion.[39] During the match, despite the fact that James was playing the heel character, the fans frequently cheered James and booed Stratus whenever Stratus hit an offensive maneuver.[40][41] Her win at WrestleMania made her the first Diva ever to win their first Women's Championship at their debut WrestleMania. The angle continued into Backlash during a rematch after Stratus legitimately dislocated her shoulder when James threw her out of the ring.[42][43]

For those not sure of it then but didn't make 7 did it lol . But the similarities are obvious .

Metalitia
02-27-2011, 09:50 PM
If anything I'd suggest that the seven year rule would need to become extended due to the increasing popularity or the internet.

Having said that though the WWE events happened in my lean period so the theory is intact in my case as far as my viewership goes as it's "new" to me.

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-01-2011, 09:54 AM
as long as they have sex on camera its all cool :shifty: