PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Carter Tweets About Recent Signing

The Mac
02-26-2011, 07:43 PM
The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of TNA president Dixie Carter:

"Angelina from MTV's Jersey Shore will make her wrestling debut on the 3/3 TNA iMPACT on Spike! Visit TMZ.com and TNAwrestling.com for info!"

Follow more Dixie tweets on Twitter @ TNADixie.

WZ

Vick Diesel
02-26-2011, 09:29 PM
ughh no more reality stars...TNA needs ppl who can actually wrestle! :P

mikedudelang
02-27-2011, 12:00 AM
ughh no more reality stars...TNA needs ppl who can actually wrestle! :P

I guess I would argue that they have plenty of people who can wrestle. I'd say they have at least as many quality ring workers as the WWE. I don't mind TNA dipping their toes in the water with Hollywood but 3rd tier Jersey Shore cast members ain't 'Hollywood'. If this chick can actually wrestle, fine. But if she's being brought in for name recognition, ha, good luck with all that. I know TNA is on a tight budget, I get that. But either go big or go home. You wanna get some prime time play from legit media sources? Bring in an actual NAME, someone that middle America will know. Reality show spare parts and barely known football stars is not the answer.

Swinny
02-27-2011, 12:15 AM
I guess I would argue that they have plenty of people who can wrestle. I'd say they have at least as many quality ring workers as the WWE. I don't mind TNA dipping their toes in the water with Hollywood but 3rd tier Jersey Shore cast members ain't 'Hollywood'. If this chick can actually wrestle, fine. But if she's being brought in for name recognition, ha, good luck with all that. I know TNA is on a tight budget, I get that. But either go big or go home. You wanna get some prime time play from legit media sources? Bring in an actual NAME, someone that middle America will know. Reality show spare parts and barely known football stars is not the answer.

Agreed, that about sums it all up. At least when they got JWoww, it brought in some media recognition, but this chick isn't even on Jersey Shore anymore and no one really cares about her.

danniboi
02-27-2011, 08:25 AM
yeah nah this will be ok all added to the march 3rd show and ratings J- woww will be called out by angelina

mikedudelang
02-27-2011, 04:58 PM
yeah nah this will be ok all added to the march 3rd show and ratings J- woww will be called out by angelina

This will not move the ratings needle even one tick. No one knows her, no one cares about her. At least J-Woww has those thing up top over there that we'd all like to play with. If they get a bump in ratings, it'll be the return of Hogan and even that likely won't do anything.

Metalitia
02-27-2011, 06:06 PM
J-Woww was the star of that show apparently so at least made sense. However minimal.

This is just silly though.

DUKE NUKEM
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
i hope its just a short time deal, thanks for the post John

Metalitia
02-28-2011, 01:24 AM
She's calling out JWoww apparently.

Fuck me way to just use your show to pander to nobodies who wanna try and be the next Paris Hilton.

Aka a talentless slut who the media will suddenly lap up like a huge star.

I guess TNA are thinking this might get a different kind of viewer but I'd wager any number would be minimal and even less would stick around watching once this shit is done.

danniboi
03-01-2011, 10:31 AM
This will not move the ratings needle even one tick. No one knows her, no one cares about her. At least J-Woww has those thing up top over there that we'd all like to play with. If they get a bump in ratings, it'll be the return of Hogan and even that likely won't do anything.

well jersey shore has huge ratings and the only way you get huge ratings in wrestling is by getting new fans .. makes sense to me

Vikingsfan88
03-01-2011, 12:01 PM
lool, Tna is turning into a Tv-wrestling spot.. soon we will see Jennifer Aniston there.. haha..

DamienCross
03-02-2011, 11:00 PM