PDA

View Full Version : A-Ry's aiming high

Black Widow
02-27-2011, 07:57 PM
WWE Superstar Alex Riley says he plans to stick with The Miz for now - but won't rule out going solo in the future.

The NXT Season Two rookie has been working as an apprentice for The Awesome One in recent months, helping his mentor to win the WWE Championship.

And while Riley says he is happy to learn under the guidance of The Miz while he's on top of the game, he might "forge his own path" if the pair's successful streak comes to an end.

"As long as things are going well, why leave? That's the way I think about it," he told skysports.com.

"He's doing great right now, we have a great partnership going and I'm going to stick around for a while.

"If things start to go sour with our relationship or maybe he isn't doing as well in the future as he is now, then maybe I've got to forge my own path.

"But right now I'm in a great spot. He's the WWE Champion, but he understands that I add to what he's doing and there's absolutely no jealousy there. I'll do what I can to help him."

Amazing

Riley admits he has had a "dream" run in the WWE since finishing third in NXT last summer and signing a "personal services contract" with The Miz.

He has since taken part in the Royal Rumble and faced the likes of John Cena in singles matches and he says the experience gained on NXT has been invaluable.

"It's amazing, it's like a dream come true," he said.

"I've been in the development system for a while and they gave me the opportunity to come up through the NXT show, which was a fantastic experience for me.

"It was more improvisational a lot of the stuff. We didn't prepare for what was going on and it was a true reality show. I really enjoyed that and the ability to take my character wherever I wanted to.

"Then they stuck me with The Miz, the WWE Champion, so life is pretty good."

Blast

Riley is now looking forward to WrestleMania and then has his sights set on a return to the UK in the Spring.

He visited the UK in the autumn and says he can't wait to get back in front of UK fans when the WWE hits Great Britain for a string of live shows in April.

"I love it out there," he added. "The fans are really into the show and I really like going and walking around the cities.

"I was there a few months ago for the first time and it was a blast. In fact, it was AWESOME!"

Sky Sports