PDA

View Full Version : PWG DDT4 Results

Travicity
03-06-2011, 04:25 AM
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla held their annual DDT4 tag team tournament last night in their home base of Reseda, Ca.

The winners of the Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament (DDT4, get it?) will become the number one contenders for the PWG World Tag Team Title, currently held by the team of Paul London and El Generico, collectively known as ¡Peligro Abejas!
DDT4 2011 winners Generation Me, striking a pose in Japan and also wearing perhaps the most obnoxious tights of all time.

Here are the quick results of the show, courtesy of the fine folks of the “PWG Kliq” who tweeted them.

First round matches:

- Generation Me defeat Willie Mack and Brandon Gatson.

- The American Wolves defeat the RockNES Monsters.

- The Kings of Wrestling defeat the Cutler Brothers.

- Kevin Steen and Akira Tozawa defeat the Briscoes.

Second round matches:

- Generation Me defeat The American Wolves.

- Kevin Steen and Akira Tozawa defeat the Kings of Wrestling.

Joey Ryan Invitational Gauntlet Match:

- Ryan Taylor defeated Brian Cage Taylor, Peter Avalon defeated Ryan Taylor, and Candace LaRae defeated Peter Avalon after Joey Ryan interfered, leading to Joey Ryan defeating Candace LaRae. Ryan will face PWG World Champion Claudio Castagnoli at the next show, WINNING, on April 9.

DDT4 Finals:

- Generation Me defeat Kevin Steen and Akira Tozawa.

A very interesting outcome to what sounds like a pretty fun show, as usual, from PWG. Another title shot for Generation Me, who really made a name for themselves as the Young Bucks and had a lengthy run with the tag titles in PWG, is not the result many fans expected judging by reactions on Twitter.

Steen and Tozawa were clearly the fan favorites in this tournament and they picked up wins over perhaps two of the best tag teams in the world, the Briscoes and the Kings of Wrestling. Heading into the finals, they seemed to be the sure bet to come out on top.

Generation Me ends up victorious, much to the chagrin of PWG fans. One last side note, they reportedly dedicated their win to TNA president Dixie Carter.

BR

Smartmark
03-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Seems like it was a great show! :)

PWG always delivers good shows.

Nice to see Young Bucks won, but I don't know about the whole dedicating to Dixe thing tbh.

And Joey Ryan is the #1 Contender for the PWG Title?! AWESOME!

I hope get grabs the title at their next show.

Thanx for posting Travis!