PDA

View Full Version : WWE Pushing Edge's Submission, NXT-New Zealand, Trish-Magazine and Goldust-FCW Clinic

Travicity
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
WWE is pushing Edge's submission hold going into the match with Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania 27, to go against Del Rio's armbar finisher.

Faz sent word that on this week's WWE NXT TV show in New Zealand, a message from John Cena aired at the beginning that dedicated the show to the victims of the recent earthquake there and thanked the Red Cross and rescue workers for their help.

Tough Enough trainer Trish Stratus made the cover of the next issue of Oxygen Magazine. This is Trish's third cover for the women's fitness magazine since 2002.

Goldust noted on Twitter this weekend that he was speaking to potential FCW stars at the WWE developmental tryout/clinic this weekend. Other names working the clinic include Steve Keirn, Ricky Steamboat, Tom Prichard, Norman Smiley and Joey Mercury.

LOP

Swinny
03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
I love how the commentators are going on and on about Edge's submission like it's a brand new thing, but he used it years ago. It is a good idea to bring it back though, both because it was be good for him to have a submission to counter Del Rio's and because besides the spear, Edge really doesn't have much by the way of moves he can finish a match with.

The Y2J Plan
03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I love how the commentators are going on and on about Edge's submission like it's a brand new thing, but he used it years ago. It is a good idea to bring it back though, both because it was be good for him to have a submission to counter Del Rio's and because besides the spear, Edge really doesn't have much by the way of moves he can finish a match with.

It was my favorite move by him when he first used it. It's pretty unique.
It's great how they re-introduce it after his whole thing with dolph and how he wouldn't be able to use the spear... That would've been more appropriate imo

Dragón De Muerte
03-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Yeah definatly not a new finisher...but once again it looks weak to me and like it barely hurts compared to say the ankle lock or armbar

wwe9112
03-07-2011, 12:59 AM
It used to be like a modified sharpshooter I think now it's a sharpshooter I havent seen it.

Swinny
03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
It used to be like a modified sharpshooter I think now it's a sharpshooter I havent seen it.

Nah, it's still a modified sharpshooter. It's unique and original and I think it looks generally realistic. A lot more than Cena's god awful STF, at least.

wwe9112
03-07-2011, 01:37 AM
Nah, it's still a modified sharpshooter. It's unique and original and I think it looks generally realistic. A lot more than Cena's god awful STF, at least.

Oh ok my bad, I was just going off of what I had heard. My apologies. I did - and I guess till would - like the move. And agreed definitely better than the STF.

ironicicon
03-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Battle of the submission moves... I like it. What was it called back then? Edgu--something or other, wasn't it?

Kage
03-07-2011, 03:27 AM
Battle of the submission moves... I like it. What was it called back then? Edgu--something or other, wasn't it?

Edgucator I believe.

Swinny
03-07-2011, 03:35 AM
Edgucator I believe.

Yeah, that's what it was called. They never reference that now though. They don't reference any of the actual names of his movies anymore, actually. I guess names for finishing and signature moves aren't seen as needed anymore, for some reason.