PDA

View Full Version : After High School what to do

wwe9112
03-07-2011, 01:25 AM
So i have been trying to look up stuff online I'm not sure what to go to school for. I wanna make some decent money, I thought about being a dentist, but i have no where near the grades to go to do that plus i cant do chemistry to save the life of me and thats required. So I have been looking in the technology field. I have no idea what to go into. What pays good and I can get a job in? I have been thinking about computer forensics and security wht else is there that I could do in the technology field that my job is secure and I don't need chemistry and what not like that? I'm not that bright, but I'm pretty good with computers.

Cheik Tioté
03-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Not sure if you are from England or not but I'm currently part-way though an apprenticeship, I didn't finish school with the best grades either!

With apprenticeships you get paid (not alot - but better than nothing) whilst working/learning. You also get some decent qualifications out of it too.

wwe9112
03-07-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm in the USA, to be exact West Virginia.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :).

Cheik Tioté
03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Ah cool, not sure if they have an apprenticeship style scheme over there?

Slayer_X
03-09-2011, 02:37 AM
umm after high school i smoked alot of weed ,drank beer and slept with anything moving slow enough to mate with . then i half assed it through tech ......i highly recommend this for anyone

Travicity
03-09-2011, 02:59 AM
umm after high school i smoked alot of weed ,drank beer and slept with anything moving slow enough to mate with . then i half assed it through tech ......i highly recommend this for anyone

Um uh wow I sort of hope this is a joke but how cool and awesome :shifty:

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-09-2011, 03:53 AM
I'm working (more like studying :P) in the tech field what exactly do you have in mind?

bad_meetz_evil
03-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Attend a community college, then after your two years transfer to a competitive university. It doesnt matter where you begin, it matters where you finish.

wwe9112
03-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Attend a community college, then after your two years transfer to a competitive university. It doesn't matter where you begin, it matters where you finish.
Your still using the banner I made you several years ago :) thank you. And yeah I probably will end up doing that I just get worried I will end up wasting my time and not like what I am doing.

I'm working (more like studying :P) in the tech field what exactly do you have in mind?
I'm not sure I want something with computers I thought about forensics and security but I'm not sure how hard that will be and how easy it would be to find a job.

I don't do drugs, smoke, etc.

Metalitia
03-10-2011, 01:03 AM
You say you need money, do you need it now?

Seeing as you don't know what you wanna do yet try and find just a job you can at least put up with. Doesn't have to be much just something that pays so you can afford to enjoy yourself, assuming your old enough to spend your money decently of course.

wwe9112
03-10-2011, 01:30 AM
You say you need money, do you need it now?

Seeing as you don't know what you wanna do yet try and find just a job you can at least put up with. Doesn't have to be much just something that pays so you can afford to enjoy yourself, assuming your old enough to spend your money decently of course.

nah I just been stressing on what will happen after high school. Seeing my sister go through what she is it's kinda scary. I'm only in tenth grade. I still have two years lol.