PDA

View Full Version : NXT Season 5 *SPOILERS*: Cast, Announcers and Format

Travicity
03-09-2011, 02:48 AM
The official name for season 5 of WWE NXT on their website is NXT: Redemption. The show will have Todd Grisham and William Regal doing announcing while Matt Striker and Maryse will be the hosts.

There will be no immunity this season.

For those of you who want to watch NXT without seeing what the match results are, but are curious about the cast, NXT Season Five features:

*Darren Young with Pro Chavo Guerrero.

*Connor O'Brien with Pro Vladimir Kozlov.

*Lucky Cannon with Pro Tyson Kidd.

*Byron Saxton with Pro Yoshi Tatsu.

*Jacob Novak with Pro JTG.

*Titus O'Neil with Pro Hornswoggle.

PWI

They're the pros :lmao:

Swinny
03-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Meh. No interest in this season, even less than before. At least before it gave new guys the chance to showcase their ability, but now they're just bringing the same people, the people that failed, back... and giving them terrible, jobber pros. I really think they're just trying to make NXT ridiculous now.

Travicity
03-09-2011, 03:02 AM
The Pros have barely more experience the actual Rookies :lmao:

HORNSWOGGLE :rofl:

Kage
03-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Chavo is legit. Darren Young should win this round.

ironicicon
03-09-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm going to be honest, I didn't quite get what the prize is. They move onto season 6? What kind of terrible prize is that?

Swinny
03-09-2011, 05:14 AM
I'm going to be honest, I didn't quite get what the prize is. They move onto season 6? What kind of terrible prize is that?

Well... I would assume that they "earn a contract", since none of them are currently under contract with the WWE, kayfabe wise. But yeah, still doesn't really make sense, since you have so many who lost the competition and still got a contract.

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Well... I would assume that they "earn a contract", since none of them are currently under contract with the WWE, kayfabe wise. But yeah, still doesn't really make sense, since you have so many who lost the competition and still got a contract.

Darren Young is :shifty:

Swinny
03-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Darren Young is :shifty:

Yeah, Darren Young is a tricky one because he was kicked out of the Nexus and then they made it like he was out of the WWE, but then he just started showing up randomly every once in awhile, so... I don't know what the deal is with him.

LionDen
03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
This just seems silly to me now, no point in watching it and I have no interest in it now.

ironicicon
03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
This just seems silly to me now, no point in watching it and I have no interest in it now.

Agreed. Was going to give it a shot this season but 'silly' is really the only word I can think of to describe it. I was hoping for the rumored idea with the father and son gimmick. At least that would've given it a little more of a boost but yeah, won't be tuning back into this silly show.

Metalitia
03-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I caught the start of it to see if it was father and sons like rumoured.

Seemingly a bunch of failed guys from before with the chance to earn "redemption" points and the winner gets to e on season 6 of NXT?

Very strange seeming.

Swinny
03-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I'm really having trouble understanding the point of this one.