PDA

View Full Version : ROH Fightin’ Words

Travicity
03-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Fightin’ Words

Fightin’ Words
By Mike Greenblatt

Back when I was covering Major League Baseball for the Aquarian Weekly in New Jersey, my publisher thought it would be a good idea for me to ask the ballplayers what kind of music they like. It made for a good column then and I think it makes for a good blog now. As the former music editor of the Aquarian, as well as the co-founder of Metal Maniacs and Modern Screen’s Country Music, I’m always interested in what people are listening to. So without any further ado, here’s what some of our own ROH names are listening to.

Eddie Edwards: I listen to a lot of different things. My iPod is pretty jumbled and goes from Elvis Presley and Chuck Berry to Eminem and Li’l Wayne. Some days, if I’m at the gym, I like listening to some heavy hardcore music like Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage and Chimaira. Other days, I like oldschool gangster rap like NWA, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Eazy E. Usually, though, I just like to just throw it on shuffle and see where it takes me.

Bobby Dempsey: 1) H2O, “a great punk band with such a positive message and entertaining music.” 2) Blood for Blood, “great music to listen to before going out to the ring, and be in the right state of mind for war! `Love Song’ is always the last song I hear before wrestling. I don’t think you can listen to that song and not get pumped up.” 3) 7 Seconds, “One of the best oldschool punk bands that always gives me a charge of energy!” 4) Flogging Molly. “The best live show I have ever been to! They have a way of taking the best parts of several different types of music and putting it into their sound.” 5) Sublime, “Nice band to listen to when you just need to relax and de-stress.” 6) Dropkick Murphys, “The #1 band that I listened to in high school. I loved hearing guitar and bagpipes in the same song.” 7) Enimem, “He puts a lot of emotion into his songs. He’s not rapping about something that he hasn’t been through which I think is rare in rap.” 8) Street Dogs. “Just a good blue-collar punk band. Their music has a message. That’s big for me. I’m a big fan of lyrics.”

Cary Silkin: Jethro Tull, Yes, Leonard Cohen, The Band, Pink Floyd, Santana, Rush, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alice In Chains, Rolling Stones

Prince Nana: Jay-Z, John Coltrane, John Legend, Dru Hill, Aerosmith

Steve Corino: The Eagles. “I’m a huge Eagles fan. In fact, I’m seeing them in Tokyo! I’ve seen them five times and I’ve seen Don Henley solo five times. I’m also a fan of Elton John, Pink Floyd, Rufus Wainwright, Barry Manilow—I know, a little different—and Stevie Wonder.”

Colt Cabana: I listen to podcasts: “Doug Loves Movies,” “Comedy Death Ray,” “The Sound Of Young America,” “WTF With Marc Maron,” “The Long Shot” and “Sklarbro Country.” If forced to name some recording artists, I’d have to say Garfunkel & Oats, Dragon Boy Suede and Hard & Phirm.

Homicide: “I listen to Spanish music like Don Omar and Daddy Yankee; heavy metal like Hatebreed and Slayer; and hiphop like The Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur.”

Jerry Lynn: Heavy Metal

Daizee Haze: I like all types of reggae music, especially Bob Marley & The Wailers, Toots & The Maytals and Michael Franti & Spearhead. I also like the rapper Matisyahu. Sublime is an all-time favorite. I also listen to The Pinchers and Slightly Stoopid.

Claudio Castagnoli: AC/DC, Robbie Williams, a bunch of Swiss artists, German hiphop, Johnny Cash, Leona Lewis, and German techno band Scooter.

Jim Cornette: “I like all kinds of music except rap or any of that urban stuff that I just don’t get. I also can’t stand that syrupy whiny kind of country music. For me, nothing but nothing can possibly replace the classic rock of the 1970s, specifically those bands fronted by guitar heroes. Then there’s Earth Wind & Fire who I find technically brilliant. I will admit to harboring a secret and very guilty fondness for 1960s beach music (The Beach Boys, Jan & Dean) but only because of all the long car rides I used to have to take with Stan Lane. I’m pretty proficient in music trivia from the 1960s through the 1980s. Oh, and I’m particularly fond of the Southern Rock of The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Marshall Tucker band.”

ROH

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Thanx for posting Travis

Double C listens to Scooter?! :omg: