PDA

View Full Version : ROH March 10th Newswire

Smartmark
03-11-2011, 05:54 AM
- As announced earlier today (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/the-hunt-returns-in-atlanta/), The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) will reunite for one night to take on Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)! Saturday April 2nd in Atlanta, GA during “Honor Takes Center Stage”, two of wrestling’s top team demonstrate why ROH is the home of tag team excellence! “I knew the Wolves would step up to the challenge.” stated Shelton Benjamin, “They’re fighters, just like me and Charlie, but unfortunately for them, they will go down fighting in Atlanta. We will come into this match as the new champions, you can bank on that, and there is no way we will let a victory slip away one day after ending the Kings’ title run.”

- In case you missed the announcement earlier this week, a limited number of tickets were released yesterday for the sold out events in Atlanta. Just a few remain at this point so if you’re looking to come out and see us during Mania weekend don’t delay in placing your order. Tickets for Altanta can be ordered here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=3.

- Speaking of title opportunities, ROH officials received a video message from Eddie Edwards today regarding his ROH World Title opportunity at “Manhattan Mayhem IV” against champion Roderick Strong. We will have that message available to you next week along with several comments from Strong, Steve Corino, and others as we prepare for “Defy or Deny” and “Manhattan Mayhem IV”!

- ROH’s return to Plymouth, MA on 3/18/11 for “Defy or Deny” promises to be another can’t miss event. Last time we were in Plymouth the fans witnessed one of the greatest tag team matches in ROH history when The Kings of Wrestling battled The American Wolves for the ROH World Tag Team Titles (available here on DVD: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=477). Our goal is to come back with an even bigger event, and with what is already announced, it has the potential to be our best event yet in Plymouth’s beautiful Memorial Hall. Tickets for “Defy or Deny” are available here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=207.

- Yesterday ROHWrestling.com announced the return of TJ Perkins to competition on March 18th & 19th (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tj-perkins-comes-back-to-roh/). In Plymouth he squares off with ROH World Tag Champion Chris Hero while in NYC he faces “The Generic Luchador” El Generico in two very different contests. “Preparation is key.” offered Perkins, “That is something I learned a long time ago, and that is something that has helped me immensely in wrestling. ROH officials have given me two very different opponents, two men who are at the top of their game, and two men who I know I can take to their limit. I respect their talents, but they should also respect mine. I look forward to another opportunity to prove myself before the ROH faithful, and another opportunity to show the world that I am one of the elite.”

- House of Truth member Michael Elgin continues his “Hit List” at “Defy or Deny” on 3/18 in Plymouth, MA. “Life Intervention Expert” Truth Martini has once again used his managerial skills to secure Elgin a match with an ROH World Championship contender. This time Elgin will have an opportunity to take out Eddie Edwards one night before Edwards battles Strong in the biggest match of his career. Edwards has a huge roadblock to overcome on his way to “Manhattan Mayhem IV” and could very well enter his Title match severely battered and bruised. We know Elgin’s objective is to physically decimate Edwards before NYC but we also know that Edwards is one of the most resilient competitors to ever compete in ROH. There will be a lot at stake in this one!

- Mark Briscoe vs. Kyle O’Reilly has also been added to “Defy or Deny” on 3/18 in Plymouth, MA!

- Don’t miss two great offers now available exclusively in the Ring of Honor Online Store. First, for every 3 Ring of Honor DVD’s you purchase, get 2 FREE. Then, save $5 Off Live Event Tickets for most upcoming ROH shows including next weekend’s events in Plymouth, MA and New York City. For complete details on both offers click here: www.rohwrestling.com/news/save-on-roh-dvds-and-live-event-tickets/.

- Steve Corino sent word recently to the ROH office in regards to the upcoming “Defy or Deny” event in Plymouth, MA. “As fans in Dayton heard and saw last month, part of my Pro-Wrestling Recovery is finding people that inspire me to be a better person. In ROH one of those people is Grizzly Redwood.” Explained Corino, “I can understand why he and everyone else in the locker room do not trust me. I felt like I let him down when we teamed against The Bravado Brothers last month and I am hoping that he will team with me again in Plymouth, MA. I have had success in Plymouth in the past year and I feel that if Grizz gives me another chance and ROH officials allow it, we can be successful.” Last month Corino explained that not many people knew about Grizzly’s past. Grizzly spent the first 4 months of his life in intensive care and was not suppose to live. He was in and out of hospitals all of his life and he is a true fighter since day one who has never shown any signs of deceit or jealousy. Despite all of his struggles in life he never gave up and Corino says that he looks up to that.

- Speaking of Grizzly Redwood, Prince Nana’s “Project” Tommaso Ciampa will battle Grizzly Redwood on 3/19 in NYC at “Manhattan Mayhem IV.” Not much is known about Ciampa but the history between The Embassy and Grizz is well documented. Look for the “ROH on HDNet” debut of Ciampa and the new Embassy this Monday night! The Embassy has also officially signed for 4/1 and 4/2 in Atlanta, GA!

- Davey Richards promises to be in the best shape of his life going into his Pure Rules match at “Manhattan Mayhem IV” against Christopher Daniels. “I have been training night and day,” stated Richards, “When it comes time for me to challenge for the ROH World Championship again I will be unstoppable. Daniels is the perfect opponent to take me to my limit but if I’m defeated then I know I’m not ready for a title match.” Expect more words from Davey Richards next week at ROHWrestling.com.

- “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett will have his first championship opportunity on March 18th in Plymouth, MA when he challenges “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels for the ROH Television Title. Many skeptics have said that Bennett was “all hype with no bite,” but the last couple of months have proved many people wrong. Early in his ROH career, Bennett and his trainer Brutal Bob would constantly make appearances when the TV Title was present, whether at ringside or during backstage interviews. . At this time Bennett showed literally no reason to deserve a title shot of any kind. However, as the months went by he impressed with big wins over Colt Cabana, Mark Briscoe, and Steve Corino. Bennett also had a great showing in the 2011 Top Prospect Tournament and the Finals can be witnessed this Monday on “ROH on HDNet” with Bennett facing Kyle O’Reilly. If Bennett can somehow manage to live up to everything he says, then it is very possible that he could leave Plymouth on the 18th and enter NYC with the ROH TV Championship around his waist.

- Days ago ROH officials announced that three of the top current generation Joshi stars from S-Ovation in Japan will be heading to Atlanta for “Honor Takes Center Stage” on 4/2 and 4/1 (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/joshi-comes-to-atlanta/). Hiroyo Matsumoto, Ayumi Kurihara, and Tomoka Nakagawa will debut in Ring of Honor and are looking to impress with a completely different style then fans are accustomed to. Sara Del Rey sent word to the ROH offices after the announcement was made. “This has made my day,” stated Del Rey, “I have faced Kurihara before and she got lucky. I have been waiting to even the score with her ever since. Make it happen ROH!” You can catch all the action live on iPPV with GoFightLive.TV (http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Honor_Takes_Center_Stage_Both_Shows/968). With a great deal of only $19.99 for BOTH events, or $14.99 individually, it’s a can’t beat buy for the best wrestling around!!

- We have two new DVD’s up for preorder in the Ring of Honor Online Store. “SoCal Showdown II” from Los Angeles, CA features Roderick Strong vs. El Generico for the World Title and The Kings of Wrestling vs. Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team. “ROH on HDNet Vol. 6″ is also available featuring the tournament to crown the first ROH World TV Champion. For more information or both titles click here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1.

ROHwrestling