PDA

View Full Version : TV: 'Shaun of the Dead's Edgar Wright Asked to Direct 'The Walking Dead'

Travicity
03-14-2011, 05:24 PM
While everyone on the planet blindly celebrates the first season of AMC's The Walking Dead, I see various rooms for improvement. It could be a lot better. With a second season gearing up for 2011, website Collider stumbled onto some interesting news while interviewing Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright.

"Frank [Darabont] asked me to do a 'Walking Dead,' actually," Wright told the site. "But I feel that there’s some subject matter that, like, even though it’d be great– and I love that show: I actually watched four of the six episodes uninterrupted in one run; it was like zombie Pringles– I think that with something like that, with some TV shows, you wanna be in on the ground floor.

"Well, I really enjoyed the first season, and I wouldn’t wanna be the guy that comes in and fucks it up," he added.

But in all seriousness, he could be just the right man for the job. While he thinks he might "break" the flow, he'd actually be one giant bandage, a step to recovery.

Collider